Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged

File: bug.drh (778 bytes)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed (+2)  
I'm using the latest patch, and it occurs in both this and the original.
You can't hack mud/tar/gel in the same turn as the mother is killed by a bomb, and neither can a mimic, although briar can. This applies only if the mother is physically connected to the m/t/g you're hacking. This doesn't apply if the mother is killed by you, a mimic or briar.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-15-2016 02:37 PM]
06-25-2009 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Can't hack mud/tar/gel while mother is killed (+2)  
Phew! This is a tricky one.

The root cause of this issue is that when the tar is stabbed, a duel is prepared with the connected tar mother instead of immediately removing the stabbed tar. Then, when the bomb detonates and the explosion kills the tar mother, the combat is skipped, and the tar stab doesn't happen.

I've fixed this by queuing up a list of potential tar stabs, pending a monster duel. Then, after room events are processed, if there are no live monsters left to duel on the tarstuff being stabbed, the tar can be removed immediately after all (without having fought the mother, etc). If the monster the game engine originally intended you to fight dies, but there is another live monster on the tarstuff, you will start a fight with that other monster instead.

Fixed in rev 113.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-15-2016 02:36 PM]
01-15-2016 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed (0)  
In build 1.2.3.116 the player and a mimic are able to cut tarstuff if the mother died on the same turn by a bomb blast. :thumbsup

A related issue has been found though. If the player kills the tarstuff mother, then a mimic attempting to cut the tarstuff on the same turn immediately afterwards will fail. :no

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-17-2016 12:30 PM]
01-17-2016 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed (0)  
kieranmillar wrote:
A related issue has been found though. If the player kills the tarstuff mother, then a mimic attempting to cut the tarstuff on the same turn immediately afterwards will fail. :no
I think this is a preexisting issue, correct?

Fixed in rev 131.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-18-2016 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed (+1)  
It might have been pre-existing, yeah.

Anyway I can confirm that a mimic can cut tarstuff on the same turn that the player kills the mother, rendering it inert in 1.2.3.133 :thumbsup
01-18-2016 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Can't hack mud/tar/gel on turn mother is killed
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com