Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Ice Sickle (Abandoned script)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged

File: Exp HP Script Ice Sickle.drh (8.3 KB)
Downloaded 104 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Ice Sickle (0)  
This was originally going to be an element to put in my Scripts a la Kwakstur thread, but I abandoned it months ago. I have recently discussed it here, and I figure that it's about time I let people see what I'm talking about.

The Ice Sickle freezes any water under it, turning it to an ice bridge (assuming the room is Iceworks style). It is automatically disabled on Hot Tiles, and other places to disable it can also be hardcoded into a room. The hold explains to an extent how it works, and it's Anyone Edit, so you can look at the scripts.

What is missing from this project:

-The hold is missing most of its structure and quite a few planned rooms. Last I remember, 25% of what is there is currently inaccessible. I haven't actually taken another look at the hold before releasing it here, though. I'm just kind of sick of looking at the hold.
-I did not make any GFX for it yet. It currently appears on the ground as a Citizen and looks like a red sword when wielded.
-I wanted to create a character that protects water beneath it, but I couldn't do it. This is the reason I gave up on the hold; I got hung up for so long trying to implement this that I eventually had no greater desire than to just put the whole thing behind me. They're not supposed to be visible, but apparently at some point I gave them ghost display. Which is why it looks like a hundred Mud Babies.

I think I attached the right file. Tell me if I didn't. The room with the water-protecting NPCs should have a tile to reset their effect, because apparently before I gave up on them I deleted the command that reenables the sword.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 04-19-2009 10:20 PM]
04-19-2009 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PurpleKoopa
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
IP: Logged

File: icesickle.png (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 103 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Ice Sickle (+1)  
-I did not make any GFX for it yet. It currently appears on the ground as a Citizen and looks like a red sword when wielded.

Well, here's one of your problems solved! I thought the "Ice Sickle" pun was groan worthy enough to deserve a graphic. Use as you like!
04-21-2009 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Ice Sickle (Abandoned script)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com