Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff Me, Baby, One More Time! (Not our contest for April after all)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Bluff Me, Baby, One More Time! (+3)  
"Bluff Me, Baby, One More Time!"

In what has become an annual tradition, April’s contest will once again have a "Bluff Me" theme. But this year we're doing things a little differently. We've covered random, general and personal bluffs in the past; what other bluffs are left to have a contest about?

You guessed it!

This year we're looking for your best bluff photo! By that we mean an original photo of an actual bluff, as defined by dictionary.net: a high, steep bank, as by a river or the sea, or beside a ravine or plain; a cliff with a broad face.

So get ready to break out your cameras and get snapping! But since the March contest began late, we’re going to hold off on the official start of this contest. Further details with comprehensive rules, submission guidelines, prize information and helpful photography (and geography) tips will be forthcoming in one week.

Note: photos must be of real bluffs. Don't try to pass off a ridge as a bluff, or your entry will be disqualified.

[Last edited by noma at 04-04-2009 04:59 AM]
04-01-2009 at 09:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bluff Me, Baby, One More Time! (+2)  
A word of caution: since many bluffs are found by the water's edge and this is that time of year when, in many parts of the world, there are sudden floods, rising waters, thin ice and slippery banks, please use the utmost care when setting up your shots. We only want you swept away by this contest in the metaphorical sense of the phrase, not the literal one.
04-01-2009 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff Me, Baby, One More Time! (Not our contest for April after all)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com