Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Architectural Gut Instinct
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Architectural Gut Instinct (+2)  
Human brains are powerful. They can imagine just about anything. The only thing that limits the full potential is your own consciousness.

The human brain is also capable of assembling a DROD room that is both challenging and fun in less than a second. It needs to be trained to do so first. Playing DROD for five strong years is a good goal.

Now try that ability out. If you have fine architectural skills, this will be easier than if you don't. Have a room open and empty in DROD and close your eyes. Think of the first thing that comes to your mind. If it looks like a worthwhile DROD room, take a picture of that room with your mind and begin building it. When you can't seem to get the room anymore, close your eyes and look at the picture. Build the room and keep building until the picture is lost or until the room is complete. If the former happened, test out the room to see if it's good. If the latter happened, stare at the room for thirty seconds. Use your imagination and complete the room.

This trick isn't particularly reliable, but if you're plain out of ideas, this can be a life saver. Unfortunately, only those who can see things with their brain while their eyes are closed can preform this efficiently. Also, those who cannot take a picture in their mind at all will have a hard time transferring the room in their brain to the room in the program.

Just wanted to share an unusual trick for creating rooms.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
03-07-2009 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Architectural Gut Instinct
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com