Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged
icon Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Well let me first state that maybe this Larry Hold is a bit easier than normal , Either he's getting older, or I'm getting wiser, but I did manage some five rooms here without hints, though this rather minimal one stumps me . So, how to make the adder go W into the citizens corridor ??
03-04-2009 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
Well, you must block it from going N,E, or S.

Click here to view the secret text

03-04-2009 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
porcorosso wrote:
Well let me first state that maybe this Larry Hold is a bit easier than normal , Either he's getting older, or I'm getting wiser, but I did manage some five rooms here without hints, though this rather minimal one stumps me . So, how to make the adder go W into the citizens corridor ??
Do you know the serpents movement preferences? If a snake can't move toward you it prefers to move N>E>S>W, so the only possible way to get a snake to move west away from you is to have every other direction the snake can take blocked.

Edit: Post collision.

[Last edited by Rheb at 03-04-2009 03:20 PM]
03-04-2009 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
icon Re: Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Thanks ! Mission accomplished, but something tells me the secret room is not as "easy" ... :rolleyes

Edit: actually not , it was not that different. Now I have only 3E to figure out ....

[Last edited by porcorosso at 03-04-2009 03:27 PM]
03-04-2009 at 03:22 PM
marg
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
I just don't get it! I can not make him go over the arrow, I need more help please??
07-16-2009 at 02:20 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Look at Rheb's post above, as he tells you exactly how to do it.

For this hold, you need to know your unbrained snake movement rules.

1. If Beethro is exactly lined up with a snake, it keeps moving in that direction, either directly towards Beethro, or directly away from Beethro.

2. If Beethro is not exactly lined up with a snake, it may turn, according to its horizontal or vertical movement preference.

On turns 0-4, 10-14, 20-24 on the clock, an unbrained snake has horizontal movement preference, and prefers to move E or W to get closer to Beethro.

On turns 5-9, 15-19, 25-29 on the clock, and unbrained snake has vertical movement preference, and prefers to move N or S to get closer to Beethro.

3. If a snake cannot follow its horizontal or vertical movement preference to get closer to Beethro, it first tries N, if it can't go N it goes E, if it can't go E it goes S, if it can't go S it goes W.

So you see, a snake will almost never turn west without Beethro leading it from the west. Like Rheb says, you have to block it from moving in the other three directions (Rule 3). To get the snake in the position Rheb shows, you need it in horizontal movement preference.
07-16-2009 at 02:33 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Wolly Olly and the Adder : On the Surface : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com