Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Add Title image attribute to smilies (For Firefox users)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Add Title image attribute to smilies (+1)  
Ever since I switched to Firefox, I noticed that many hover tooltips disappeared. Lots were pointless anyways, Like "avatar" and "icon" when hovering over avatars and message Post Icons, or the [, =, |, and ] that show up for the various sections of the Bar.

But being able to hover over a smiley to figure out its code was useful. Being able to easily call up the code for an unfamiliar smiley whenever you see it helps you learn its code without ever having to use that slow-loading, inhibiting More Smilies... window.

I have identified the problem: These images don't have the Title attribute set, only the Alternate Text. While IE7 will display the alt text if no Title is provided, Firefox will only display the title.
Adding the smiley codes to their Title attribute would fix this.

03-04-2009 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Add Title image attribute to smilies (0)  
Kwakstur wrote:
Adding the smiley codes to their Title attribute would fix this.
If you use Greasemonkey, you could always use this userscript, which copies the alt text to the title if the title isn't set, for all images. Found it in a couple of seconds on Google. :P
03-04-2009 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
03-05-2009 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Add Title image attribute to smilies (+1)  
Addons are not at all necessary.
:)

03-05-2009 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Lamkin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 606

File: facepalm.png (7.1 KB)
Downloaded 129 times.
License: Public Domain
Kwakstur wrote:
Ever since I switched to Firefox, I noticed that many hover tooltips disappeared. Lots were pointless anyways, Like "avatar" and "icon" when hovering over avatars and message Post Icons, or the [, =, |, and ] that show up for the various sections of the Bar.

But being able to hover over a smiley to figure out its code was useful. Being able to easily call up the code for an unfamiliar smiley whenever you see it helps you learn its code without ever having to use that slow-loading, inhibiting More Smilies... window.
D'oh! I am just now discovering this, um, feature. (It figures that both the Kwakstur and I would appreciate it.)

[Last edited by Lamkin at 04-30-2009 04:50 AM]
04-30-2009 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Add Title image attribute to smilies (For Firefox users)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com