Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (I think I ordered one in August last year. It was last year, right?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
chinook
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
IP: Logged
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (+6)  
Banjooie wrote:
Huh. What comes in these deluxe sets again?

From the old thread:
"It contains the game on CD along with unique bonus content, including a physical poster map of Dugandy and more on the disc."

I bet there was more detail somewhere, but that's what I have. Here's the thread:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=22247

02-19-2009 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (0)  
I'm deeply ashamed at the huge delays, and letting so many people down. I haven't managed my life well over the last year--succeeded in some areas, failed in others. You have Mike to thank for getting the boxes shipped. I passed this task to him after handling the manufacturing part.

-Erik

02-24-2009 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Well, I'm surprised I'm the first to post, but I got my box yesterday. I must say, I'm disappointed...I thought we were finally going to get the remaining pieces of the JtRH tester's puzzle. ;) Erik, it's been long enough, perhaps you could reveal the solution?

(Note: not actually disappointed. Quite pleased to have the nifty poster and box.)

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 02-24-2009 02:11 AM]
02-24-2009 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tonyk
Rank Points: 42
I got mine in the mail today, poster and everything.

Just one question - umm, is anyone else finding that the disc is blank? :?

Maybe its a problem with my dvd drive.... any thoughts? (though hey, I could always burn my downloaded install to it anyways... ;))

[Last edited by tonyk at 02-24-2009 05:37 AM]
02-24-2009 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (+1)  
tonyk wrote:
I haven't tried the installer (since I usually run the CVS version anyway), but my CD definitely has content on it.

++Adam H. Peterson
02-24-2009 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
I got my box! Yay! I haven't been keeping up with the forums, so it was a nice surprise. The map looks great, just like a map of Dugandy should, I think. Thanks to everyone whose work went into this whole thing!
02-24-2009 at 11:16 AM
tonyk
Rank Points: 42
AlefBet wrote:
tonyk wrote:
I haven't tried the installer (since I usually run the CVS version anyway), but my CD definitely has content on it.

Tried mine a few other PCs and it comes up empty, so I figure I got the mystery disc.

What sort of content is on the disc? I might be better off just burning the latest install on the disc anyways just to have a semi-original 'copy'.

02-25-2009 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
It's worth a lot more on e-Bay if you don't.

02-25-2009 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Rank Points: 288
tonyk wrote:What sort of content is on the disc?

There is another hold called Danforth's Pad which shows all the sales pitches, etc. that Danforth has used over the years.

There are demos of Fish Fillets - Next Generation, Two Kingdoms, and SubTerra II.

Also there is a map of the High Path.

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 02-25-2009 10:45 AM]
02-25-2009 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I'm really impressed at the depth of the planning that went into the TCB sell screen.

And man did that package get here fast.
02-26-2009 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Depth of planning? Then why did it always end up on the same final statement with no way to go back?

02-26-2009 at 06:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
My box arrived yesterday!!!

(I had to pay 10 € import-tax or something, but no big deal)

It looks super, nicley done.

[Last edited by robin at 03-02-2009 11:47 AM]
02-28-2009 at 03:08 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
robin wrote:
My box arrived yesterday!!!
Augh... mine arrived on Thursday, but I totally forgot mentioning it here... :)

(I had to pay 10 € import-tax or something, but no big deal)
I hate to say it, but that's why I took Mike's offer for a discount for people already owning the download version - imports below 22EUR are tax-free... :(

np: The Cinematic Orchestra - Rites Of Spring (Live At The Barbican) (You Don't Know Ninja Cuts (Disc 2))

02-28-2009 at 04:55 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Briareos wrote:
I hate to say it, but that's why I took Mike's offer for a discount for people already owning the download version - imports below 22EUR are tax-free... :(
Heh, me too. Another option is to let the sender write 'Gift' on the box. Tax-free up to 25 Kilos. :)
02-28-2009 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Except customs authorities aren't stupid, and they'll pick up on that if it starts happening in volume from the same sender. :) Something on Caravel's scale might be able to get away with it once or twice, but it's probably not worth the risk.

Personally, I'm just happy living somewhere with sane import rules -- apart from tobacco and alcohol, anything valued at under AU$1000 can be imported without paying duty. Although again, if you get several packages from the same sender at around the same time, customs will add up the total and pay you a visit if you're trying to get around the rules.
03-01-2009 at 01:04 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Gah... there's just a two letter difference between Austria and Australia - isn't there a way I can have your customs laws apply to me? O:-

03-01-2009 at 02:01 AM
ErikH2000
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, I'm surprised I'm the first to post, but I got my box yesterday. I must say, I'm disappointed...I thought we were finally going to get the remaining pieces of the JtRH tester's puzzle. ;) Erik, it's been long enough, perhaps you could reveal the solution?
There were three separate images, with redundant pieces distributed to different people. Some of the redundant pieces don't exactly match in shape, but are essentially the same. I can't find the original images--lost in the big hard drive crash a while back. I was hoping that enough people would hold onto their pieces and participate on the forum that it would be possible to recreate the images, but that didn't happen. It's a sad thing.

To make you feel a little better, there is a new small puzzle in the poster, entirely self-contained, and not necessarily requiring help from other people.

-Erik

03-01-2009 at 05:14 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
My box arrived a few days ago. I don't know exactly how many, because Royal Mail delivered it to my old address, even though I have mail forwarding. And it apparently sat by the door there for a few days, until, by random chance, a friend from work happened by (she is friends with one of my ex-neighbours) and noticed it, so she brought it to me.

03-01-2009 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
eytanz wrote:
My box arrived a few days ago. I don't know exactly how many, because Royal Mail delivered it to my old address, even though I have mail forwarding. And it apparently sat by the door there for a few days, until, by random chance, a friend from work happened by (she is friends with one of my ex-neighbours) and noticed it, so she brought it to me.
Sice reaching TCB, Beethro's become such an experienced smitemaster that he could probably have protected your package single-handedly. :)

Also, welcome back!

03-01-2009 at 07:41 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
agaricus5 wrote:
eytanz wrote:
Sice reaching TCB, Beethro's become such an experienced smitemaster that he could probably have protected your package single-handedly. :)

Also, welcome back!

Thanks! (and same to you, since you returned while I was away)

I'm still way too busy to post regularly, at least until the end of term (3 weeks). But I still try to read the forum and chime in now and then.

03-01-2009 at 07:45 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
ErikH2000 wrote:
To make you feel a little better, there is a new small puzzle in the poster, entirely self-contained, and not necessarily requiring help from other people.
Seth noticed that
Click here to view the secret text
Is that part of the puzzle?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-07-2009 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.
03-07-2009 at 03:25 AM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
NiroZ wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.

Me too. But that's the only weird thing I found on the map. :(
03-07-2009 at 09:45 PM
aztcg7
Rank Points: 104
Hey, I just got my Box set. This is pretty awesome. Good work!

03-08-2009 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
mrimer wrote:
Is that part of the puzzle?
Yep. You just have to find it.

-Erik

03-09-2009 at 02:28 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (I think I ordered one in August last year. It was last year, right?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com