Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (I think I ordered one in August last year. It was last year, right?)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tonyk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (+1)  
In fact, I've only just realised I had ordered it now as I was archiving my mail ;)

This has probably been covered before. I remember reading somewhere about delays and what not but a brief search has revealed very little (I do mean brief). What's the news on this? Or have I missed the boat entirely (again)?

[Last edited by tonyk at 01-02-2009 05:16 AM]
01-02-2009 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (+2)  
Where's Erik, anyway? His last post here was mid-October...

I guess he's working on his ethicalspender.org[1] pet project, but he really should have taken care of outstanding (and already paid) orders before starting any new projects... :rolleyes

[1] No comment.

01-02-2009 at 09:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (0)  
IIRC, last we know is that Erik didn't have the funds to pay for the postage.
01-02-2009 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
NiroZ wrote:

That's strange, because I thought shipping costs were added to the box-prize. (correct me if I'm wrong)

It should be nice if we heard something of him on the forum.

01-02-2009 at 01:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tonyk
Rank Points: 42
robin wrote:
NiroZ wrote:

That's strange, because I thought shipping costs were added to the box-prize. (correct me if I'm wrong)

It should be nice if we heard something of him on the forum.

I guess there have been numerous changes and what not so I figure some latitude is in order.

01-03-2009 at 01:07 AM
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Briareos wrote:I guess he's working on his ethicalspender.org pet project, but he really should have taken care of outstanding (and already paid) orders before starting any new projects... :rolleyes
I think that just before the start of a major recession was a bad time to try and convince people to shop ethically. :P

There were something like 100 box sets, right? I'd imagine the total postage would be pretty steep, and he wouldn't want to send some and not others... but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
01-03-2009 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (+1)  
I agree it's ridiculous. I feel for everyone who has ordered this, and I haven't received mine yet either. Yes, the shipping is included in the order cost, and I've written Erik, telling him I'll send more money his way if that's what's stopping him from sending these out. I've received no response from him, so I don't know what to say at this point. All I can do, short of flying to Seattle and sitting on his doorstep, waiting for him to show up, or hiring a detective to do it for me, is hope that he'll finally get around to doing this. I'll post any news as I receive it.

You guys could continue trying to e-mail him yourselves, or post on his Ethical Spender forum asking him what's up.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-08-2009 05:04 PM]
01-08-2009 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
I was considering shutting his site down and changing the admin password... he'd *have* to talk to us then, right?

01-08-2009 at 05:23 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
Who's living in his basement right now? Why don't we ask them?
01-08-2009 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
chinook
Rank Points: 61
He had emailed me back when I wrote in November, and said that he'd be sending mine out first thing December. I didn't know if that meant he'd be sending them all out or not, but I suppose it doesn't matter since he didn't send mine after all.

I wrote him about a week ago asking what the problem is, and haven't received a reply. Bummer.

01-10-2009 at 10:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Tell you what. I don't need a delux-box. And I need no money back either.

I don't know what has gone wrong, but something obviously has. If anything becomes easier by not sending me a box you don't have to. To me buying this box-thingy was mainly a way to suport the game.

01-21-2009 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
That would be my reason for buying anything here. Supporting the Caravel Team. The extra styles and the main hold are nice, but my main reason for buying TCB would be to help Caravel out. Unfortunately, mom and dad seem to think that's not quite worth it.

I am interested in the bonus CD content, though...

01-22-2009 at 12:32 AM
Fang
Rank Points: 175
We'll have to organise a game of Where In The World Is Erik Hermansen?

Being inactive for so long is kind of worrying, at least for me.

02-08-2009 at 09:20 PM
mrimer
I notice his Ethical Spender site hasn't been updated for a couple months either. I say Erik took a wrong turn in his basement and ended up on the High Path.

Anyone else have another guess?

02-08-2009 at 10:53 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
mrimer wrote:
Black helicopters? The Eric Conspiracy? Aliens?

np: Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Best Of)

02-09-2009 at 12:30 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Has anyone tried sending an e-mail to Erik's missus missbrittany?
02-09-2009 at 12:55 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
mrimer wrote:
Hired thugs?
02-09-2009 at 02:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Perhaps he regressed and had another bicycle incident?

02-11-2009 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
chinook
I wrote an email to him in December and have not gotten a reply back yet. It won't be much longer until I just let the credit card company sort it out. This is pretty unprofessional.

02-11-2009 at 01:25 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Lamkin wrote:
Has anyone tried sending an e-mail to Erik's missus missbrittany?
So has anyone had a go at contacting Brittany? I can do it if no-one else has (i.e. if no-one posts back).

Also, Brittany apparently has her own business, called "Eiffel Printing and Design". It looks recent (the copyright extends to 2009), so this might be a possible place to contact if her conventional email isn't working.

02-12-2009 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
I sent this e-mail to the contact address on Brittany's business web site:
Dear Brittany,

This is Mike, Erik's old business partner from Caravel Games. I myself and many other members of the Caravel Forum have attempted to contact Erik about the "DROD: The City Beneath" boxed sets he was supposed to mail off to customers and game contributors last year. We haven't heard anything back from him for a couple months now and are wondering whether everything is okay. Erik mentioned needing some money for shipping before we lost contact. I wrote Erik that I'd be happy to help him pay for shipping costs if that is what is holding him up from sending out the TCB boxed sets. That offer is still available. If you would, please let me know how things are going and what I can do to help our customers receive their product. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike Rimer
miker@caravelgames.com

02-12-2009 at 04:49 AM
mrimer
Erik wrote me back! He said he would ship the bundle of boxed sets to me so I can prepare and mail them all off. I replied right away, saying I agree to this and that I will send him money for shipping them to me. I asked when he can send them to me. When he lets me know, I'll post it here. I will ship them all off to everyone right away as soon as I get them.

02-12-2009 at 06:00 AM
mrimer
Erik replied and said he will try to send the sets to me Friday or Saturday morning.

If Erik succeeds, you should have your package from me next week! Possibly a week later for international shipping.

02-12-2009 at 07:13 AM
chinook
mrimer wrote:
Erik replied and said he will try to send the sets to me Friday or Saturday morning.

If Erik succeeds, you should have your package from me next week! Possibly a week later for international shipping.

:w00t That's fantastic! Good job, Mr. Imer!

02-13-2009 at 12:31 PM
zwetschenwasser
Rank Points: 200
"Oh, wait! The plane got hijacked by Marlin fans trying to capture all Ohio soccer and lacrosse players! You'll get them within the decade, though."

02-13-2009 at 02:22 PM
mrimer
Erik wrote me, saying he has shipped off the boxed sets to me. I will probably receive them by Wednesday evening, and will send them off to you all Thursday and Friday.

02-15-2009 at 05:26 PM
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
mrimer wrote:
Erik wrote me, saying he has shipped off the boxed sets to me. I will probably receive them by Wednesday evening, and will send them off to you all Thursday and Friday.
Hooray! :thumbsup

I have very little to add. But I had been holding out on getting RPG until I got the box set, so I might get it soon.
02-15-2009 at 07:58 PM
mrimer
I just received the goods from Erik, so I'm going to work on getting these together tonight and plan to send them off tomorrow.

Edit: Please make sure your shipping address information is current in your forum user profile.

Edit 2: I've compiled the list of everyone's shipping address. If the information you have listed in your private user profile is not current, please send me your correct info within the next ~10 hours.

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-19-2009 05:54 AM]
02-18-2009 at 10:51 PM
mrimer
Phew! I just got back from a post office marathon. Everyone who ordered or has a TCB boxed set coming to them will receive it in the post. For those lucky enough to live in or near Utah :P you very well could receive yours by the end of the week. A couple people even have two sets coming. In these cases, they are being shipped separately but will likely arrive at the same time. I hope everyone is pleased with the set. They look very nice and I applaud the job Erik did in designing and getting them together.

For people who don't have a set yet and might have just been waiting for the pre-order period to pass, I have good news. There are some sets left over, and I'm announcing that the "pre-order" period has finally passed, and we can get into the actual, real, official "order" period. So, I'm going to make the TCB Deluxe Edition available for ordering directly from Plimus through the TCB order page on the Caravel Games web site (shipping will now be extra). I plan to have a set of sets sent to Plimus and the not-pre-order page set up this weekend.

And, for those who have already bought a download-only version of TCB, the offer to get a coupon code to upgrade to the deluxe CD edition at a reduced price is still available. :thumbsup

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-19-2009 05:38 PM]
02-19-2009 at 05:36 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Huh. What comes in these deluxe sets again?
02-19-2009 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TCB Deluxe Box Sets .. whats up? (I think I ordered one in August last year. It was last year, right?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com