Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines questions (Something doesn't seem right...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Leylines questions (0)  
I'm playing for the first time as Theria (normally I play as Humans or Elves), and something odd is happening in my cities. Whenever I train a new unit, it starts off with an ability not listed in that unit's info screen; it usually gets Ranger or Tireless, depending on the city. Then if I save the game and reload it, all abilities added this way disappear. Is this normal, and if not, what is?

Another question: How do I stop Call the Void if I'm the one who cast it? Major/Minor Cancellation don't work.

Click here to view the secret text

12-31-2008 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Leylines questions (0)  
I don't think you can stop the Void once it has been called. And regarding the Theria, I think that might be a bug... if it isn't it's probably an effect from a building. :unsure

12-31-2008 at 07:58 PM
The Mystic
Danjen02 wrote:
I don't think you can stop the Void once it has been called.
That sucks, since in some games I've used it--purely by accident--to cause some of my best cities to starve to death.
And regarding the Theria, I think that might be a bug... if it isn't it's probably an effect from a building. :unsure
I checked out the added special abilities thing regarding the Theria. I couldn't find a single Theria building that added any ability. Also, for the "disappearing" abilities when loading, it turns out I was looking at units that I'd started the game with, and they don't start with any additional ability. Bug or no, I'm finding it (moderately) useful.

12-31-2008 at 08:28 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
You should be able to cancel Call the Void (or any other global enchantment) from your mirror screen, by clicking on it.

Regarding the Theria, please attach a saved game in the forum.

01-01-2009 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic

File: Theria.ley (33.4 KB)
Downloaded 18 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's my Theria game file.

I'm not using Chaos magic at the moment, so I can't check on canceling Call the Void. I'll try later today or tomorrow, and report back as soon as I can.

[Last edited by The Mystic at 01-01-2009 06:28 PM]
01-01-2009 at 06:28 PM
The Mystic
I checked out Call the Void; I couldn't find anything about canceling it, on the Mirror screen or otherwise. I'd post the game file here, but unfortunately, I accidentally overwrote it.

Also while playing Theria, I tend to get weird messages every so often about units I don't have. The more common ones are "Rootless One was killed by the enemy population" (I didn't have any Rootless Ones at the time), and "Shapeshifter has fallen into the Void" (and my sole Shapeshifter was nowhere near the Void).

01-03-2009 at 03:16 AM
The Mystic

File: Call The Void.ley (19.3 KB)
Downloaded 18 times.
License: Public Domain
Got another game file with Call the Void. I also made sure to have another global spell, Rejuvenation, for comparison. Rejuvenation disappears when cancelled; Call the Void does not.

01-05-2009 at 07:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines questions (Something doesn't seem right...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com