Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics question (Importing from one version to another?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
lopsidation
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 176
IP: Logged
icon Graphics question (0)  
So, I just bought Tendry's Tale, and I started the game, and Tendry looks... different. So do the keys, and the orbs, and the attack gems. Um, I'm sure the graphics are great and wonderful and...

You know what, I'm going to skip right to the question. Do I have to take a screenshot of the demo graphics, erase the floor around the edges, and work it into a usable file for a graphics mod,
or,
is there a way to just copy the Drod.ini file for the keys and gems and Tendry and such, straight from the demo into the full game, without screwing anything up?
Thanks.

12-23-2008 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Graphics question (0)  
Sorry, I don't quite understand what your question is. Would you please rephrase it?

I'm guessing that, if you just bought the game, you received version 1.1. I'm also guessing that your demo version was 1.0.x. If you're wondering why the graphics are different, then that's because your demo install is probably that older version. So, if you want the demo version to look like the full game, then just download the demo installer again from our website and reinstall it over the top of your existing demo version. Now it should be version 1.1 and look like the full version. Does that make sense?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-23-2008 at 05:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Graphics question (+1)  
I think lopsidation meant the opposite - i.e. he wants the old graphics from the demo back in the full version...

np: Tocotronic - Ich Habe Stimmen Gehört (Pure Vernunft Darf Niemals Siegen)

12-23-2008 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lopsidation
Briareos is right.

12-23-2008 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Hmm...okay. In order to add the older graphics to a 1.1 install, you would have to make your own mod (a .png and associated .tim file with the old graphics) and add it to the GeneralTiles entry in drodrpg.ini. The old graphics no longer exist in the drodrpg1_0.dat file for version 1.1.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-26-2008 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lopsidation
Oh well. Thanks!

12-26-2008 at 11:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics question (Importing from one version to another?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com