Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ST1: Bug when crossing from marble to exit (Also, bug with cloners.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged

File: buglevel.SUB (338 bytes)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
icon ST1: Bug when crossing from marble to exit (0)  
When the player crosses directly from marble to an exit, any exit, in either direction, the marble disappears but the sprite remains - objects can pass through it, explosions get rid of it, etc.
This remains in the same state until another player passes through this marble (without going to the exit), at which it becomes 'solid' again. If this player then does the same as the first and goes through the exit, the marble 'disappears' again.
If, after the first incident, an explosion gets rid of the marble, it won't come back even if another player goes through that square.

There's also a cloner bug: look at the attached level, you'll see. Try to destroy what comes out of the cloner, it'll keep coming back, even after the button is no longer being pushed, even after the object being cloned has been destroyed. It'll only disappear when the cloner is destroyed. I believe this works for other immobile objects too.

Something I also just noticed, not sure if this is intentional or not, but when you clone a rock in quicksand, you get the rock but not the quicksand.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 12-22-2008 11:03 PM]
12-22-2008 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wonkyth
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: ST1: Bug when crossing from marble to exit (0)  
I think that's Intentional, as it is a container not an object or monster.

same goes for traps, slime and munchkins.

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
12-23-2008 at 09:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: ST1: Bug when crossing from marble to exit (0)  
The Stew Boy wrote:
Something I also just noticed, not sure if this is intentional or not, but when you clone a rock in quicksand, you get the rock but not the quicksand.
My guess is that's intentional, like cloning an object stuck in glue or a trap. (EDIT: Keys in quicksand are cloned the same as the rocks in quicksand. I tried it.)

As for the others, I just checked them out; those are a bit bizarre.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by The Mystic at 12-23-2008 04:26 PM]
12-23-2008 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ST1: Bug when crossing from marble to exit (Also, bug with cloners.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com