Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Own room style
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
underscorpion
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Own room style (0)  
Hi.
My questions are:
1. How can I make my own room style? (tiles template? Importing into game?) - please, write step by step :D
2. Is it possible in demo version?

-=Sorry for my English :P=-
12-18-2008 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Own room style (+1)  
I made a really informative post here. If you want to make a room style for TCB, then in step 3, you want to skip the stuff about making Mods and go to the part about DROD Media Files. Once you make graphics, .tims, and maybe even music, add it to the .ini like I say to in step 3 and you should be able to load it in DROD and export it for others to use.

If you want your holds to use your style, make sure that you share the style online, too; people can only see your style if they have it installed on their computer. Styles aren't included in holds, only the names of the styles are.

And, yes, it's all possible in Demo. Almost everything you do when making a style is done outside of DROD, anyways (the only thing you would need DROD for is to export the finished product).

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 12-18-2008 09:22 PM]
12-18-2008 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Own room style (+1)  
Hmmm, I should add RPG-related stuff to that post. Well, I just revamped nearly the entire thing to make it actually accurate (I found a few flaws), and that took me 3 hours (slow. poke. zzzzz), so it'll have to wait.

Here's what's different for RPG, as far as I know:

1. The tiles are 44x44, not 22x22.
2. The transparent color is 255,0,255, not 192,192,192, and you no longer need a corner to be that color.
3. I have a bad feeling that most of the tile numbers may have changed, invalidating coppro's reference guide.

And for music:
1. The built-in music actually has normal titles for the songs, rather than stuff like "city aggr 1".
2. All music for a style is Puzzle; no separate battle music.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 12-19-2008 02:19 AM]
12-19-2008 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Own room style
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com