Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Importing old holds (Tell us when to use AE)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Importing old holds (0)  
The game should tell us when we import a hold into a different-yet-still-compatible version of DROD. This is especially useful for those of us who associated the .hold file type with TCB; if you just double-click holds to import them, you might get lazy.
It would be neat if the game wrote:
This hold was made in [insert game here], an earlier version of DROD with different graphics and music. The hold can still be played, but may not be the same experience.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 12-13-2008 03:06 AM]
12-13-2008 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Importing old holds (0)  
I want to import holds without clicking any more OK buttons than necessary. This info is available once imported, or from the holds page.

12-13-2008 at 05:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Where is this information available after importing? And what made me suggest this was that I heard of an unreleased gem on the Architecture board. I found its topic (which had no indication of DROD version), got the hold, and found no evidence that the hold was for AE until I went back to the Architecture topic and noticed that it was dated 2004.

I originally assumed the lack of music in Floor 1 was because there might have been a scripted NPC that changed the music to that of a style I didn't have; all my DROD games (except AE) are demo version. Dad never gets to doing anything he says he will (like buying a game online), and I don't have my own Paypal.

12-13-2008 at 05:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Holds are color-coded by version in the in-game list.

12-13-2008 at 03:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Jatopian wrote:
Holds are color-coded by version in the in-game list.
Only the CaravelNet holds, not the ones you've already downloaded or installed via a .hold file.

Nor is there any way to show the details (Difficulty, Rating, Votes, Size, Version) for any hold you've already downloaded - unless I'm missing some hidden feature that allows this.

So - new Feature Request? (For people without CaravelNet at least showing the game version used to make it would be nice...)

np: Benni Hemm Hemm - Riotmand (Ein Í Leyni)

12-13-2008 at 05:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Importing old holds (Tell us when to use AE)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com