Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Vista Slowness?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bla687
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Vista Slowness? (0)  
Well, I'm running windows vista as of very recently, and I been trying out dugan's dungeon, but it runs terribly slow when a couple of enemies are onscreen, and I have no idea why. I searched the forum and found one thread on this, but it apparently went away for those people in JtRH. Now I know Vista is a horrible processor hog, but I would expect DROD to run more smoothly than Oblivion. I've tried running in compatibility mode, but to no avail. If I have system monitor running in the background, I can see that my CPU usage is 100% while running DROD, and it drops down to nothing when it's minimized, so I'm getting the impression that for some reason my video card isn't helping out in the process of running DROD. Are there any ideas for fixing this? Am I the only one with this problem?
11-09-2008 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Vista Slowness? (+1)  
What version are you using? Is this the Architects edition? Journey to the rooted hold? King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0? (in which case, it's the same as Journey to the rooted hold) or The City Beneath?
11-09-2008 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bla687
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Vista Slowness? (+1)  
King dugan's dungeon 2.0. Sorry, I can't believe I forgot to mention that.

Edit: Well, I made a wonderful discovery known as a patch, and now it runs perfect! I feel kind of dumb now...

[Last edited by bla687 at 11-09-2008 08:40 PM]
11-09-2008 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Vista Slowness?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com