Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Highscore list for Advanced Concepts
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
IP: Logged
icon Highscore list for Advanced Concepts (0)  
I've been monitoring the highscore list for Advanced Concepts, watching for someone to master it.

Tahnan is at the head of the pack, but I noticed something kind of weird now: He has 213 highscores out of a possible 210. Based on the 'missing highscores' list, I think the actual count should be 220...but I'm not sure.

This may have been hashed over before, I can't remember.

Josh

11-01-2008 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
icon Re: Highscore list for Advanced Concepts (0)  
He has several scores for 'non-interesting rooms'. Did you mark them as unscorable after he completed them? Usually, when the spider collects a '1 move' demo, it automatically marks the room as unscorable and removes it from the list. I don't know if marking them manually does anything differently, but it might explain things.
11-01-2008 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Yeah, this is one of the reasons I thought I had the wrong version of AC. I noticed that in several entrances there were high scores (sometimes just Tahnan, sometimes there two or three) but my scores for those rooms weren't uploading. After a while though, I realized that there must be something "buggy": the entrance might have only one high score but the next room over showed maybe 10 people had completed it, so it wasn't just me.
11-01-2008 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
TFMurphy wrote:
He has several scores for 'non-interesting rooms'. Did you mark them as unscorable after he completed them? Usually, when the spider collects a '1 move' demo, it automatically marks the room as unscorable and removes it from the list. I don't know if marking them manually does anything differently, but it might explain things.

That could be it. I did mark the set of 'trivial but not completable in one move' rooms unscorable. Mostly monsterless entrance rooms.

Josh

11-01-2008 at 08:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
This is one of the two major reasons why the Rabbit thinks the forum code should be tweaked. It takes forever for highscores submitted before an architect marked the room unscorable to go away. I still have some scores that no one else can get from last year!

We could avoid this problem if architects could mark unscorable rooms before promotion to the Holds board.
11-01-2008 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Highscore list for Advanced Concepts
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com