Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Guests can receive PM's...?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Karipto
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 79
IP: Logged
icon Guests can receive PM's...? (+1)  
So, I checked up on the forums today to see if there was anything new and interesting, and since I rarely post, I usually don't bother logging in. And as a "guest", today I see that the "PM" link at the top of the page is red, indicating a new message. Also, at the bottom of the screen it says "You have 1 unread message(s)". Clicking the link just says you need to be logged in to view PM's. So, I do so, thinking that maybe the forum was just displaying that "new PM" link for this account, as little sense as that makes to me (how would it know who I really was?). But, there's no new message.

So, anybody know what's going on here? I checked the forum on one of the other computers (which I rarely use), and the same thing happens. Is this just a forum glitch or something?
10-09-2008 at 02:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: Guests can receive PM's...? (0)  
I just logged out to check and can confirm that on my computer the PM button is also in red as guest. I have no new PMs when logged in.

EDIT: I also can confirm that the forum does allow you to send PMs to "Guest" without spitting out any error messages.

[Last edited by Beef Row at 10-09-2008 04:06 AM]
10-09-2008 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Someone must have done that, according to my reasoning skills. So the admins need to delete the PM "Guest" has and make him not able to receive them.

10-09-2008 at 05:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
Sillyman wrote:
Someone must have done that, according to my reasoning skills. So the admins need to delete the PM "Guest" has and make him not able to receive them.

I think that the problem is that there is someone registerd on the forum with the username "Guest". Try to click on profile when you're logged out...

10-09-2008 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Guests can receive PM's...? (+1)  
Timo006 wrote:
Sillyman wrote:

I think that the problem is that there is someone registerd on the forum with the username "Guest".

Yup. Here is "guest's" profile. -_-
10-09-2008 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TisMe
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Karipto & BeefRow

Same for me. I first noticed it several days ago.

TisMe
10-10-2008 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
That "guest" is not the same guest though, or at least sending "guest" a PM doesn't increase the "You have 3 unread message(s)" on the main page.
10-11-2008 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TisMe
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
When I posted the above yesterday, it said I had (1) unread message. Just came on -- now (3) unread messages. I do not have a clue...

TisMe
10-11-2008 at 03:56 AM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Guests can receive PM's...? (+1)  
I think admin should also be blocked from PMs. And his rank points should be reset, either to 10 or 1337.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 02-20-2009 10:11 PM]
02-20-2009 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Guests can receive PM's...?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com