Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Changing weather (and some extra building options)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RuAdam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 157
IP: Logged
icon Changing weather (0)  
I was thinking about asking for this feature in DROD TCB as well, but I decided not to, since it's only a cosmetic change that's mostly usefull for RPG like holds, and DROD isn't really an RPG. But since DROD RPG is an RPG here it is.
I'd like to request to be able to change the weather of a room with scripting. You could have the same are be clouded at times, sunny at others, maybe even have a snowstorm now and then or thick fog. And you could also have "time pass" so in an outside area it would get darker over time (moves made) and then brighter to simulate day-night cicles.
If this gets implemented, it would also be usefull to have a bit more weather effects like rainy or windy or stuff like that.

Also this is quite irrelevant, I just didn't want to make a new topic for it, but I think a few building options are missing. Currently you can build any weapon/armor/accessory, but you can't build weapon/armor/accessory slot, witch would be usefull in some cases, and I don't really see why it shouldn't be in there.
09-21-2008 at 09:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
icon Re: Changing weather (0)  
RuAdam wrote:
Also this is quite irrelevant, I just didn't want to make a new topic for it, but I think a few building options are missing. Currently you can build any weapon/armor/accessory, but you can't build weapon/armor/accessory slot, witch would be usefull in some cases, and I don't really see why it shouldn't be in there.

You can already build weapon/armor/accessory slots.

You know the section of the editor where you can select the default weapon/armor/accessory, just double click in the weapon/armor/accessory icon, and select the weapon/armor/accessory slot. Now you can build it.

[Last edited by Timo006 at 09-21-2008 12:42 PM]
09-21-2008 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Changing weather (0)  
I like the idea of being able to build slots (in scripting).

One of the problem with making new weapons using scripting is, that you want the slot appear only after a sword has been taken.

Using a preplaced slot doesn't look good.

09-21-2008 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Changing weather (and some extra building options)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com