Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : What are we allowed to use as images?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon What are we allowed to use as images? (0)  
I have a small problem with the current setup of image protection used by caravel. According to current policy, I am not allowed to use any images that are not explicitly made for that purpose.

This list includes:
-Reusing the greckle image for coins (For the use of getting money other than from monsters.)
-Changing the monsters abilities (Ruling out moving monsters, or changing monsters stats)
-Porting pictures from TCB (We are actually not allowed to make a pocket roach)

Now, there may be things that should be on this list that are not here, and some may actually be allowed. But, as far as I know this is the current state of things.

What I want to know is why the image policy is so restrictive. One of the most important things about this system is that you have to be able to convey understanding quickly graphically. Everything currently in the game is understood and people recognize the symbols. But the new system invites everyone to do all sorts of different things, and I am not adept enough to create symbols that people will understand.

I wish that man would stay away
09-19-2008 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
IP: Logged
icon Re: What are we allowed to use as images? (+2)  
It sounds like there's some kind of misunderstanding here. The artwork in Caravel's commercial games (KDD 2.0, JtRH, TCB, and now the RPG) is copyrighted. It belongs to Caravel, not you. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to ever use it. It means you're not allowed to use it without Caravel's permission.

If you or anyone else would like to use Caravel's artwork (such as roach sprites from TCB) in your hold, you need to get mrimer's permission first. Send him an email that includes the following information:
* Your forum name
* What specific artwork you'd like permission to use
* The name of the hold that you're going to put the artwork in
You'll find that he gives prompt answers, and he almost always says yes. If you are given permission, you'll be asked to paste a permission statement into your hold's description.
09-19-2008 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : What are we allowed to use as images?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com