Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Will there be a 1.6.6? (...well, will there be?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Will there be a 1.6.6? (0)  
There are a bunch of bugs that have been fixed from 1.6.5, and a handful of feature requests implemented. Are we going to see a 1.6.6 that will include some of these, or do we just have to sit tight and wait for 1.7?

03-29-2004 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Will there be a 1.6.6? (0)  
Only one single new feature would definitely keep me entertained for at least two months, but I don't think the devs are going to change anything. They made one patch, be happy.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-29-2004 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
There is one big, huge, compelling reason for making a 1.6.6:
The end stairs bug. This really, really needs to be fixed.

03-29-2004 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Didn't they say they're not changing anything more?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-29-2004 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Yes, we're planning on putting out another patch. It'll probably be the last one, depending on when we decide to release it (to be determined).

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-29-2004 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
icon Re: Will there be a 1.6.6? (+1)  
I'm wondering... the total overhaul our beloved Dev team is promising in everything, from music to graphics to gameplay to a few engine tweaks (Darn, too much SP. The voices in my head are saying "Tweek, calm down. Have some coffee."), really deserve a whole new number. It's going to be essentially a near-total different game. Evidently the basic premise of killing stuff w/a huge sword is staying, but even the "underground indoors" thing is gunna be blown away. So why not call it DROD 2.0, and have the next patch be 1.7.0?

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
04-01-2004 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
It's not going to be a different game. It will look different and sound different, true, but it will be the same game, just with more stuff in it. If it were a different game, it would probably deserve a different name altogether.

Naming 1.6's next patch 1.7.0 doesn't make sense, unless it added a bunch of functionality instead of just fixing a few bugs.

[Edited by Schik on 04-01-2004 at 03:19 AM GMT: Apparently I wasn't clear the first time]

04-01-2004 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Joker, the 1.6.6 we're considering is not the full Rooted Hold and new features idea, it's just some fresh code with some convenient bug fixes and useful features tossed in on top of 1.6.5 to keep us all satisfied until 1.7 does drop.

04-01-2004 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
asmussen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 188
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the end of hold stairs bug anyway? I'm asking because I'm currently playing through DROD for the first time, and I'm getting close to the end. (I'm almost finished with level 22) Is this a bug that's going to affect me when I finish the game?

04-02-2004 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Don't worry, you'll be fine. On some user-made holds, the data for the last flight of stairs is lost, and the stairs direct you back to the beginning of the same level or the first level. As far as I know this bug has been fixed, but it only affects some user-made holds anyway; Dugan's is safe from it.

04-02-2004 at 10:04 PM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
DiMono wrote:
As far as I know this bug has been fixed.
I know for a fact that it hasn't. My very own Oversight suffers from it. Not to mention Bad Evil Restaurant.

04-02-2004 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Will there be a 1.6.6? (...well, will there be?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com