Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : tforum
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon tforum (0)  
To the powers that be:

Have you considerend upgrading to the latest and greatest released by the tforumhacks group?

They have a couple of cool new things, such as polls and attaching files to posts.

04-20-2003 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: tforum (0)  
Schik wrote:
To the powers that be:

Have you considerend upgrading to the latest and greatest released by the tforumhacks group?

They have a couple of cool new things, such as polls and attaching files to posts.
I hadn\'t seen that site. Very useful. Of course, it takes some work to integrate the mods. Especially, now that I\'ve already made changes to tForum. Don\'t know when I\'d get around to it.

Hey Mafinot, are you at all interested in adding stuff to the forum? I know you gots some coding skills. If you are, I can help out with it a little.

Schik, the two things you mentioned above were at the top of my wishlist. I would love to have polls and user-uploadable files. The second one needs some kind of quota enforcement or cleanup routine to be viable.

-Erik

04-21-2003 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: tforum (0)  
I downloaded the source for their latest release, and there seems to be an upgrade path which simply adds a few fields to the databases to allow for these new features. As for integrating with your existing mods - okay, that does make it tougher.
the two things you mentioned above were at the top of my wishlist
That\'s why I picked those two to mention :)

If Mafinot isn\'t interested, I\'d be willing to take a stab at either upgrading to the latest full release or applying a patch or two. I\'ve been doing a lot of php/MySQL lately for a site I run (not using much of it yet - still testing), and I\'m lovin\' it. I see so many possibilities for this stuff. To ensure no problems, I can take the current source code and modify and test it on my server and give it back when it all works...

04-21-2003 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Re: tforum (0)  
erikh2000 wrote:
Hey Mafinot, are you at all interested in adding stuff to the forum? I know you gots some coding skills. If you are, I can help out with it a little.
What language would the code be in? If it\'s in a language that I know (VB, C, or C++) then I\'d be willing to take care of it. If you have experience with this, Schik, then by all means don\'t let me stand in your way. This isn\'t something that I have to do.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-22-2003 at 01:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Re: Re: tforum (0)  
Malarame wrote:
What language would the code be in? If it\'s in a language that I know (VB, C, or C++) then I\'d be willing to take care of it. If you have experience with this, Schik, then by all means don\'t let me stand in your way. This isn\'t something that I have to do.
The board is in PHP, which does look a bit like C/C++. If you\'d like to give it a try, feel free - it doesn\'t matter to me. I\'m just willing to do it if nobody else wants to.

04-24-2003 at 01:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : tforum
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com