Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
larryws
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West (0)  
As I am the first to post for help with this room, there must be something obvious about getting the Guard to enter the snake chamber that I am missing. I've killed all the eyes but the Guard will not go into the chamber. I've tried using the eyes to block the Guard and force him into the chamber, but that doesn't work as they just follow Beethro.

Can anyone post a hint or two as to how to beat this room? It is the last one on this level.

Thanks!

09-03-2008 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DanielFishman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 159
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West (0)  
Try to solve the room using the first clue before revealing subsequent ones.

Click here to view the secret text

09-03-2008 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larryws
Being trapped in the chamber does not get the snake killed. I don't see any way to kill the snake without drawing the Guard into the chamber to cut the wall and then trap the snake. After which, you can kill the Guard. I just can't figure out how to kill the snake as Beethro cannot get to the bottom chamber with the escape tunnel.

09-03-2008 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DanielFishman
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

09-03-2008 at 05:39 PM
larryws
Well wonders never cease. Earlier in the room, I tried every direction from the N tunnel square but S.

09-03-2008 at 05:47 PM
DanielFishman
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West (+1)  
Each tunnel points in a specific direction: in this room, the northern one points South, and the southern one points West. In general, tunnels point in the direction of the side with the dark 'hole' - it's quite hard to describe but hopefully looking at these two you will see what I am talking about. Then they will take you to the next tunnel in that direction, whatever direction it faces, and will wrap round the edge of the screen - so the southerly, west-pointing tunnel in this room takes you right the way round and back to itself again.
09-03-2008 at 05:53 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Armoury : 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com