Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Grand Library Compilation (My second contest!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kitten
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
IP: Logged
icon The Grand Library Compilation (0)  
Hello once again, I declare contest.
All we (or nearly all) love to read the books. And I create compiling to this subjects exactly. You may create "book" about than want! Your exclusive will be place in one of the common-room of the library. Compiling Itself is identified The Grand Library Compilation.
Write! The Ways relationship remained unchangeable. Or answer in this topic, or answer to e-mail.
Good luck!
-Kitten

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388440
08-24-2008 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
icon Re: The Grand Library Compilation (0)  
Uhm. What?

You want us to write books? Or just book titles? Or maybe just a page or synopsis?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
08-25-2008 at 10:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
Kitten wrote:
Hello once again, I declare contest.
All we (or nearly all) love to read the books. And I create compiling to this subjects exactly. You may create "book" about than want! Your exclusive will be place in one of the common-room of the library. Compiling Itself is identified The Grand Library Compilation.
Write! The Ways relationship remained unchangeable. Or answer in this topic, or answer to e-mail.
Good luck!
-Kitten
well, i got a better idea. Create a book-like hold! For example, instead of "Level 1" u could use "Page 1" or maybe "Chapter 1". Instead of ordinary speech we use something like ""What?"-Beethro said" and so on and so on
08-25-2008 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: The Grand Library Compilation (+2)  
Starting a contest might not be the best idea for a relatively new person who is still getting used to the forum. Why not have fun participating in a few contests first? Many of the official Caravel contests are well thought out, and would be a great place to start.

In a good contest, you'll notice the following:
* It's clear what the participants have to do.
* Entering the contest is not too much work for the participants (or for the contest holder).
* It's clear what the rules are.
* It's clear how the winning entries will be chosen, and that the winning entries will be chosen fairly. (Also, offering prizes to the winners never hurts.)

Kitten, your contest description is missing many of these points. People don't understand what they'll have to do, you've not mentioned what the rules are, or how someone can win your contest. Participating in other contests first will show you different ways of expressing this important information.
08-25-2008 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kitten
The Books - as your holds. Create their own holds and place in this contest.

08-30-2008 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kitten
The Sense to continue the first contest! :( Don't care all refuse to participate! So I created the new contest! :)

08-30-2008 at 08:18 PM
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
Looks like 'Don't care all refuse to participate!' in this one too. Ever thought about the reasons why people didn't want to participate? At least close the first topic before making the second.

08-31-2008 at 07:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kitten
Thanks, Jason! ;)

08-31-2008 at 09:03 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Grand Library Compilation (My second contest!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com