Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : PMs are screwy
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon PMs are screwy (0)  
I just got a PM from DiMono, which stays as unread no matter how many times I read it, and gives me an error (Error Posting. Reason: Can't open file: 't_pm.MYI'. (errno: 145)) whenever I try to reply.

I'm not certain, but I'm guessing the problem is with PMs in general and not that one specific message.

03-16-2004 at 06:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: PMs are screwy (0)  
Actually, I'm getting the same error when I try to access the forum index. I suspect Schik is trying something out, and missed a semicolon somewhere.

Error message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/caravelg/public_html/drodnet_root/forum/functions.php on line 1328

ERROR!
Error selecting from table. Reason: Can't open file: 't_pm.MYI'. (errno: 145)

[Edited by DiMono on 03-16-2004 at 06:33 AM GMT]

03-16-2004 at 06:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Likewise. I exited my browser, which deletes cookies, then came back to find I still appear to be logged in.
03-16-2004 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
DiMono wrote:
Actually, I'm getting the same error when I try to access the forum index. I suspect Schik is trying something out, and missed a semicolon somewhere.
Nope, whenever this kind of thing happens (or the big blue box on the top of the page) it generally means there's a problem with the database - one of the tables gets flagged as "in use" and doesn't get released somehow. I have no idea how this happens - it didn't happen on our old server.

I generally try new code out in a testing area to avoid my changes causing this sort of problem. I'm trying to collect data on exactly where in the code this sort of thing happens, so I can put something in to automatically fix it when it does happen. One place I apparently need to put a fix in is at line 1328 of functions.php. :)

03-16-2004 at 12:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : PMs are screwy
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com