Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Threads don't always line up (random occurances)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Threads don't always line up (0)  
I've noticed that sometimes single posts in a thread will be wider than the rest, causing a horizontal scrollbar to appear in the browser. Then, I'll see the same post be regular size when I refresh the page. Is there a known cause for this behaviour?

03-10-2004 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Threads don't always line up (0)  
As far as I know, they don't line up if there's a single word that's too long for the line. However, I'm not sure about it switching back and forth.

Which threads did this happen on? Which posts? Were there any really long worfds?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-10-2004 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: Threads don't always line up (-1)  
If they were really long worfds, I'd have noticed that and not been surprised. However, there weren't any really long worfds in these particular posts, only regular-length worfds, so all worfds fit nicely within the confines of a regular post area. For that example you were looking for, I replied to my Forked Path thread in Architecture, and the first post was too wide, then I refreshed and it was fine.

03-10-2004 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I've only seen this happen when there's a preformatted section - i.e. something in [code] tags.

I grabbed a copy of the page you mentioned a couple different times several minutes apart, and diff says they're identical. I can't think of any reason they wouldn't be, so it seems like a broswer issue if the browser renders the same thing differently on different occasions. I'd be glad to be proven wrong though.

03-10-2004 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono

File: bug.jpg (102.8 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Other
Alright, attached is a screenshot of this thread that I've refreshed a couple times and always lines up oddly. This one's using quote tags.

03-18-2004 at 08:22 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I can recreate this - sometimes - using FireFox. I can't get it consistent, however - like you said previously, it changes if I do a reload. I've never seen it with IE or Opera. Looking at the HTML, I don't see anything in particular wrong with it.

03-19-2004 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Threads don't always line up (random occurances)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com