Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 13
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
NiQTheMighty
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Level 13 (+1)  

As you can see, to the Western most path, there is a wall blocking the pathway that would seem to be the only way to get to the stairs.. I've gotten very frustrated with this, and I don't know where to find, or how to use save files, so I'm stuck. I have the most recent caravel version, and from what I've read, the problem should have been fixed from the Webfoot version. Anyone that can help me out here?
03-09-2004 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gds
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Level 13 (0)  
There is a way to the stairs, it probably involves going through the rooms you haven't been through yet (I can't remember).

Click here to view the secret text

03-09-2004 at 06:30 AM
Koro
Rank Points: 74
icon Re: Level 13 (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

What I did for level 13 was make a huge bitmap of screenshots of each room in their proper configuration so I could study it all at once with a pencil in hand.

If you are really really stuck on that most beautiful of levels: 13 you could read THE ULTIMATE LEVEL THIRTEEN SPOILER!!! That is, a step by step walkthrough...

[Edited by Koro on 03-09-2004 at 09:19 AM GMT: I couldn't bring myself to post it. PM me if you want it.]

[Edited by Koro on 03-09-2004 at 09:21 AM GMT]

03-09-2004 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
You don't need to visit 1S1W at all to get through the maze.

edit: On second thoughts, ignore that. I'd just played a demo I made going from the stairs back to the entrance, forgetting the roach was already dead. You probably do need to visit that particular room to get to the roach. (I must get off these med's)

BTW, if your desperation gets too bad, there's a whole level demo somewhere. A search should find it.

[Edited by bandit1200 on 03-09-2004 at 10:19 AM GMT]

[Edited by bandit1200 on 03-09-2004 at 10:22 AM GMT]
03-09-2004 at 09:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Level 13 (+2)  
You get + points for choosing to deal with that labyrinth... I did it once and have skipped it ever since, but you mentioned not being able to restore files... Well, in the screenshot you uploaded you were in the restore menu... if you wanted to go back to level 12, you would click on level 12 in the menu to the right of the minimap, and then click on the minimap whichever room you'd like to be restored to... then I believe the button to hit is labelled restore... if you want to go back to the level entrance (say, to follow the walkthrough they give you for level thirteen) just click on level start on the menu there. And Voila!

03-09-2004 at 10:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
If anyone wants it, I have a map of level 13 with the full solution - PM me for it.

(Koro, by the way, is right, despite his retraction. Neither the roach nor the exit require you to go through 1S1W).

(oh, and there's an easier way to insert screenshots - use the link marked "insert room image" above the smilies)

[Edited by eytanz on 03-09-2004 at 12:51 PM GMT]

03-09-2004 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Level 13 (+1)  
Don't they also have a walkthrough on the hints page?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-09-2004 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
There is, yeah. But I always find it rather hard to follow - I personally think following a map is easier than following directions in a maze. But maybe other people vary here...

03-09-2004 at 06:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
The walkthrough worked pretty well for me just involves counting the exits.
03-10-2004 at 12:12 AM
Koro
Rank Points: 74
Aw man, and I thought I was so original. My walkthrough is exactly the same as the one on the hints page. That is a crying shame in my opinion that it is posted directly on the website. Level 13 was my favorite after all. Raise your hand if you did it on your own. No wait, I have a pretty good idea for a poll.

03-10-2004 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I did it on my own, but then I said that on your poll too :)

I actually took out some graph paper and mapped out where each path went, then examined my paper to trace my required route. Of course, I tried the left hand rule the first time... that didn't go so well...

03-10-2004 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Nope, I didn't get it. It took me days before I took the walkthrough.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-10-2004 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
I think I got really lucky on level 13 my first time through Dugan's. I was just wandering around, and suddenly there's the roach. A little more wandering, and bam! There's the exit. I've since gone through Dugan's another 4 times, and twice it was that easy, once it took forever, and one time I didn't want to do it so I used the walkthrough.

03-11-2004 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 13
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com