Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : 25 1W
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
samyelle
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon 25 1W (0)  
I know this is the last room and that makes it all more annoying when after checking other posts they all say its the easiest. But it is still totally escaping me, I just can't seem to figure how to kill the roach and if i kill little bloke or not? I've been mean by kiling him and mean by trapping him in the alcove, it's not working.

Someone please put me out of my misery!!!

02-20-2004 at 02:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: 25 1W (0)  
The 'Neather is a liar. Trust Beethro's instinct. (What is Beethro down here for?)

You're almost finished! Well done for nearly finishing Dugan's Dungeon!

02-20-2004 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Spoiler:

Click here to view the secret text

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
02-20-2004 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ashebrethafe
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10

File: KDD20 L25 1W bad door.demo (5.1 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
The attached demo illustrates three things:

My last six steps are

Just one more thing I'd like to know:

OK, two more things:

[Last edited by Ashebrethafe at 03-01-2009 03:48 AM]
03-01-2009 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: 25 1W (+1)  
Ashebrethafe wrote:
The attached demo illustrates three things:

My last six steps are
Really? I don't think I ever finished KDD 2.0, but I certainly had no trouble with the room in 1.6. Maybe there is some kind of scripting problem in the room.

Just one more thing I'd like to know:
We wondered about that too.

OK, two more things:
All is revealed.

03-01-2009 at 12:48 PM
Dohi64
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
don't want to start a new thread and couldn't find a relevant topic with a quick forum search, so here are some thoughts after finishing the game. (if someone points me to the appropriate thread I'll move this there.)

I first ran into drod about 10 years ago but after trying the demo it got forgotten and I only remembered it last year somehow. which is great since the game is awesome! I wanted to play them in order but completed the rpg first because that's the only one with completely different mechanics in the series and last summer I didn't have any other games from the series anyway (that has been remedied since).

the game's very hard and/or annoying at times and I often overcomplicated things or had to restart a room due to being impatient, etc. but it was really fun.

it took almost exactly 55 hours over 3 weeks, which is frightening (especially level 8, took about 7 hours), though some of it was alt-tabbing here for a hint or two or checking pearls' great let's play after tearing some of my remaining hair out. but even if I take away a few hours (I might also have left the game running occasionally without going back to the menu) it's still a very long game, though - and this is very surprising for me - I figured most of the stuff out on my own eventually and only a handful of times did I need to check a step-by-step solution.

the only thing that bothers me is that since I haven't found all the secret rooms I basically got no ending whatsoever, and what's worse is this means playing almost the whole thing over again, right? if I understand correctly, you can restore the game anywhere you've already been but then it deletes all the progress you've made after that, so even if I'd only skipped the secret room in level 24 I could restore to the end of that level but would still have to complete level 25 again to see the ending, right? and since the first secret I found was on level 5 I think... no way! (63% altogether, I found 2 rooms that I haven't completed, just moved on, I don't think that counts towards the completion percent though.)

so unless there's a way to go back to those few rooms without having to re-do all the rest of the game, I'll have to resort to watching the ending on youtube.

I remember the rpg having something similar but there I managed to get the actual ending after reading up on it a bit but here the restore thing is all I could find and that's not much help.

so now I'm gonna check out the choice since it was 'bundled' with the game, then tcb will have to wait, I'm taking my time with these and I need a break from sword-swinging anyway :)
01-11-2014 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Welcome, and glad you're enjoying DROD!

Congratulations on persevering through KDD.

To master a hold, you don't need to clear all of the secret rooms in a single runthrough. You can restore back to any point in the game in order to clear any single secret room. Once you clear the secret room and exit, the game will keep track that you have do so forever. You'll be able to see this noted on the Restore Game screen for that level from that point on.

Good luck clearing all the secrets! That being said, I won't be sad if you want to look up a video of the post-mastery level. We want you to have fun!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-11-2014 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dohi64
thanks a lot! looks like I misinterpreted what I'd read. went back to the end of level 24, did the secret room, restored to the end of level 25, went down the stairs and now the secret counter is at 68%. looks like I have no excuse anymore not to do the rest, I have 7 more rooms to go. not sure how I feel about that, now that I think about it.

[Last edited by Dohi64 at 01-12-2014 12:30 AM]
01-12-2014 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dohi64
icon Re: 25 1W (+2)  
ok, managed to do all the secret rooms. while I liked the idea for the ending, I would've enjoyed it much more if I didn't have to

I understand it's more interactive this way but as a whole, it was even more disappointing and much more frustrating than the other 'ending'. and by skipping some rooms because I couldn't be bothered anymore (of course you can't skip the tar rooms) I'm pretty sure I missed out on some dialog as well. plus the feeling that I still haven't completed all the rooms, though technically I did.

so, once again, great journey, great idea for the destination, shame about the execution. looking forward to rooted hold sometime later.
01-12-2014 at 06:12 PM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
The original AE ending actually showed your original demo for each of those rooms rather than have you replay them. It was really entertaining to see just how badly you played those early rooms, sadly the 2.0 counterpart loses that.

Unfortunately, going back to AE after being used to the features of more recent versions is nearly impossible. Level 8 (and 17, for that matter) with no visible timers or undo is not pleasant.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 01-12-2014 06:22 PM]
01-12-2014 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dohi64
Pinnacle wrote:
The original AE ending actually showed your original demo for each of those rooms rather than have you replay them.
that was my thought for a better (or just easier) way of handling the ending too. I like interactivity but by then I just wanted it to end really.

and don't even mention level 8, it was a huge pain, though some subsequent tar rooms weren't much of a picnic either. I've had so much tar that I can't even be bothered to figure out the first room in 'the choice'. I'm just not efficient enough but for now I don't care, maybe I'll try again as a warmup for rooted hold sometime later.
01-12-2014 at 07:44 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Congratulations on mastering the hold!

Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from. I wonder whether there's a video of AE KDD ending out there somewhere.

The Choice is definitely for tar lovers. JtRH does have its share of tar puzzles, but I recall they're rather different from the ones in KDD.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-13-2014 at 05:23 AM
Dohi64
there is apparently.

I think this would feel much more nostalgic, if it make sense, and since it doesn't play the demo of the whole room I wouldn't have to watch an hour or two of me cleaning tar. that would also break up the flow of the story a little bit :)

also, this has animations and some extra pictures (like of the neather) that's not in 2.0. plus the song. if tendry's tale is anything to go by, it would've been a painful joy to hear beethro sing it at the end.

[Last edited by Dohi64 at 01-13-2014 11:40 AM]
01-13-2014 at 11:38 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : 25 1W
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com