Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Insert DROD Room Image queries
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Insert DROD Room Image queries (0)  
Three things here.

For single level holds, could the level selection stage be skipped, as it's sort of pointless (select from a dropdown list of 1, and press the button)?

Could the holds there be alphabetized?

Also, a bug: for Squeenton Swicks, the room indexing is incorrect. The entrance in the Insert DROD Room Image level map is one room too far south, which led to some confusion over what room is what room. Theory: The room indicated as the entrance was the first room of the level, I later moved the entrance. Was the script somehow reading the wrong hold element as the entrance location?

Unrelated: in the link to insert an image, should the i in the word image be capitalized?

02-15-2004 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Insert DROD Room Image queries (0)  
DiMono wrote:
For single level holds, could the level selection stage be skipped, as it's sort of pointless (select from a dropdown list of 1, and press the button)?
Umm... not high priority, but sure, it's possible.

Could the holds there be alphabetized?
Been meaning to do that, now that we've got a fair number of holds in there. I think I'll keep official holds at the top, then user holds alphabetized below them.
Also, a bug: for Squeenton Swicks, the room indexing is incorrect. The entrance in the Insert DROD Room Image level map is one room too far south, which led to some confusion over what room is what room.
Hmm. Yeah, I've got a bug. I'll look into it.

02-16-2004 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Room numbering has been fixed for levels that have entrances which have been moved from the default location. I had to manually tweak a couple numbers in the database entries for your hold, but new holds uploaded should work correctly automatically.

Edit: I went ahead and added the sorting too.

[Edited by Schik on 02-17-2004 at 03:30 PM GMT]

02-17-2004 at 03:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Schik wrote:
I had to manually tweak a couple numbers in the database entries for your hold, but new holds uploaded should work correctly automatically.
Er? Was my hold the only one having problems or something?

02-17-2004 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
Er? Was my hold the only one having problems or something?
As far as I know. If anyone notices any problems of this sort for other holds that have been submitted to Holds, let me know and I will fix them as well.

02-17-2004 at 07:59 PM
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
like final doom
02-24-2004 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Insert DROD Room Image queries (+1)  
Small digression about the images:

I'll have to say, Schik, that they are very well made - they are getting so similar to the originals in DROD that I sometimes subconsciously press the "Esc" button to close the program, but realise that DROD isn't running and it's the picture in the browser.

You've done a really good job.

02-29-2004 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
agaricus5 wrote:
I'll have to say, Schik, that they are very well made - they are getting so similar to the originals in DROD that I sometimes subconsciously press the "Esc" button to close the program, but realise that DROD isn't running and it's the picture in the browser.

You've done a really good job.
Ah, thank you. Always good to hear. :)

The only things really missing are multi-square doors looking correct, and a couple places where shadows aren't right. I probably won't fix those, but the forum room drawing will be overhauled sometime to support new features in the next version of DROD, and I'll do what I can to make it perfect.

02-29-2004 at 08:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Insert DROD Room Image queries
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com