Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : lvl7: 2north-1west
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wretchedangel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon lvl7: 2north-1west (0)  
this is the room that you have the \"snake time limit\" i been stuck here the past 3 days. does any one have any tips? i read the tips in the tips section of drod.net but they didnt help at all i ll get the queen stuck in the square i m supposed to but then when i move back over to try and kill her after hitting the southwest switch, her minions move out of the way and she goes to the top of the chamber thus taking more moves so i cant get back to the bugs in the blocked chambers before the snake dies.

any help would b appreciated

04-06-2003 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: lvl7: 2north-1west (0)  
You mean you can\'t get to the snake before he dies?

Click here to view the secret text

"Oook!"
04-06-2003 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Viper
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
Ok well several points.

Snake timer - i've been pratting around for ages since it died and nothings happened. What/why do I have to do before it dies?

Queen roach - where in hell am I supposed to get it? I've been running round after it and cant trap the little sod :(

Edit: Ok I beat it, thanks for the hints they really helped. Would delete this post but it wont go. Cheers!

[Edited by Viper on 12-03-2003 at 09:58 PM GMT]
12-03-2003 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
krammer wrote:
You mean you can't get to the snake before he dies?

Click here to view the secret text

I can get there with about 120 moves to spare.
12-03-2003 at 11:27 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Well, yes, but I was assuming that on a first time through you'd probably waste a fair few moves...

"Oook!"
12-04-2003 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I usually catch the roach queen in her upper-left chamber, just out of habit. End up getting to the snake with about 14 moves left.

12-05-2003 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
dividendD
Rank Points: 44
DiMono wrote:
I usually catch the roach queen in her upper-left chamber, just out of habit. End up getting to the snake with about 14 moves left.

When I played Level 7 I did all the rooms except this one and I was allowed to exit? Why is this possible?
12-19-2003 at 12:37 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Holy moly...a quintuple post! Congratulations, you've beaten everyone else so far!

Now, returning to your five-part question, when I check this room out in the Editor, it is marked as "Not required". I think this is because it might be considered too hard for this early in the dungeon. Or it could be a simple mistake. There were full levels where none of the rooms were required but those were fixed in the Caravel release.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-19-2003 at 12:45 AM
DiMono
Oh, is that why the blue door wasn't present on that level? I never saw it say "Exit Level" in Webfoot, I assumed the blue door was just forgotten.

12-19-2003 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
When I first played this room, I had a really slow computer, and it was almost impossible to time the wait.

I usually end with about 20 moves left.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-19-2003 at 05:12 AM
DiMono
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
When I first played this room, I had a really slow computer, and it was almost impossible to time the wait.
Being a turn-based game, you're gonna have to explain this one...

12-20-2003 at 03:14 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Every time I pressed a key, it took about two seconds for the computer to respond. I kept pressing "5" one too many or too few times, and there was no idea if I hadn't pressed enough.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-20-2003 at 05:13 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Oneiromancer wrote:
Holy moly...a quintuple post! Congratulations, you've beaten everyone else so far!

This ain't something we want to have people competing over. I've deleted four of the posts in my power-mad spree.

Matt

12-20-2003 at 07:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I notice the offender(?) still has 9 posts listed. Has he made 4 more, or is this a bug?

12-21-2003 at 01:51 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
DiMono wrote:
I notice the offender(?) still has 9 posts listed. Has he made 4 more, or is this a bug?

This is a bug. I'll need to change his post count by hand.

Matt

12-21-2003 at 09:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Mattcrampy wrote:
DiMono wrote:

This is a bug. I'll need to change his post count by hand.
Indeed. I noticed this a while ago - it actually takes a post away from whoever deletes the post, not from who posted it. Only an issue when a moderator deletes someone else's post.

We've seen enough of these post count bugs that what I really need to do is write something that occasionally goes through, counts all posts by all users, and fixes any that are wrong. It could also fix each thread's reply count, as that also gets screwed up for one reason or another.

12-21-2003 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
dividendD
Rank Points: 44

Now, returning to your five-part question, when I check this room out in the Editor, it is marked as "Not required". I think this is because it might be considered too hard for this early in the dungeon. Or it could be a simple mistake. There were full levels where none of the rooms were required but those were fixed in the Caravel release.

How did you know that? It isn't possible to look at that... or is it......

01-28-2004 at 10:42 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Once you beat Dugan's you can look at everything in the editor that comes with version 1.6, the Architect's Edition. One of the things you can see in the editor is whether or not a room is required to remove the blue door at the end of a level.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-28-2004 at 11:05 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : lvl7: 2north-1west
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com