Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Outposts (Mixed puzzles with limited manipulation space)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.0/10 (11 votes)
σ 2.17
Author Name:SuperV
Submitted By:vittro
Hold Name:Outposts
Theme:Mixed puzzles with limited manipulation space
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:21
Number of Monsters:206
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Outposts.hold (11.3 KB)
Downloaded 922 times.
License: Other
icon Outposts  
Beethro Budkin, Smitemaster, walked for months and months on the High Path to reach Rooted Hold. He passed through many buildings, solved many puzzles and smited many monsters. Will he finally reach Rooted Hold, or encounter other problems to solve?

10 Outposts are between him and Rooted Hold. Will he be able to clear 'em all and finally reach his goal?
07-23-2008 at 12:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Outposts (+1)  
Fairly short, 1 level hold.

Some pretty good puzzles that are a little tricky.
07-23-2008 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
fratropea
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
icon Re: Outposts (+2)  
Excellent hold, as always, with rooms very tricky!
:hooray GOOD JOB! :yahoo:
07-23-2008 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Nice little hold. The rooms range from relatively straightforward guard manipulation to puzzles that use just a few doors, arrows, and pressure plates to surprisingly tricky effect. Nice for an evening or two of play.

07-24-2008 at 07:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
icon Re: Outposts (0)  
Thanks everyone! I like the idea of guard posts on the High Path, and I had this idea of making a hold about it. Thanks for playing and for the comments

07-24-2008 at 12:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
This is, indeed, a very nicely done hold. Still working through the secrets, mind you.
07-24-2008 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
I really really liked this hold. As I've said before, I'm a fan of small holds and this kind is my favourite: short hold, small rooms and tight tricky multi-part puzzles that require thought but don't make me feel stupid because I can figure them out eventually. (Well, I did feel a bit stupid when the platform in 7N had to be pointed out to me.) Looking forward to more from vittro. Well, maybe I should finish the secret rooms first; right now I'm at the crazy gel room. Oi!

EDIT: And mastered. I have to say, while it was a slog, that gel room is great. Very very tricky.

[Last edited by noma at 08-01-2008 05:55 PM]
08-01-2008 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Outposts (Mixed puzzles with limited manipulation space) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com