Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A New Motion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
IP: Logged
icon A New Motion (0)  
Let's package the demos for JtRH and TCB with King Dugan's Dungeon, this really wouldn't take much space and would be a very easy way to allow new users to play the original in the newer engines without having to explain to them how to import the hold.

07-12-2008 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: A New Motion (0)  
The only problems there, though, are that A) King Dugan's Dungeon (the free version) isn't supported by CaravelNet, B) The free version doesn't have the right room/floor styles mapped in JtRH/TCB (and doesn't have styles and such at *all* in demo versions), and C) including the unsupported version undermines some of the salability of the premium version, which has the added story elements and highscoriness that the free version lacks.

It's not *that* big a deal, if someone really wants to play the original for free, to point them at the download point in the forum, I don't think. They're doing a pretty hefty download already, I can't see the extra little bit for King Dugan's Dungeon bothering them that much, and including the original hold in there is kinda like saying 'look, we never updated this hold to the new versions at all after Architect's Edition'.

[Last edited by Hikari at 07-12-2008 09:59 AM]
07-12-2008 at 09:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: A New Motion (0)  
I'd certainly think that combining the demos for JtRH and TCB into one neat package might be a good idea; it's a smaller download and people are probably less reluctant to download and try out that than two separate games.

But I think there would also have to be a way to get JtRH and TCB full versions in one package that doesn't need CaravelNet, as it is now... :|

np: Tocotronic - Original Single Mix (Pure Vernunft Darf Niemals Siegen / Remixe)

07-12-2008 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A New Motion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com