Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 15 Can't exit!
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Sarngate
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
IP: Logged
icon Level 15 Can't exit! (0)  
I'm stuck in Level 15. My restore screen shows 14 rooms including the Entrance and Exit. I have visited and defeated all these rooms at least once! The gate to the staircase remains stubbornly closed and I get no "Exit Level" message. What am I missing or doing wrong? Please help!
Thanks. :no

01-22-2004 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Level 15 Can't exit! (0)  
Are all of the rooms on the restore screen white? You need to make sure that you have completed all of the rooms without restoring to a previous room. That's all I can think of...

The easiest way to check is to go into the restore screen and look at the exit room. When a room is dulled or red, you need to go there.

[Edited by zex20913 on 01-22-2004 at 03:38 PM GMT: Yeah, I can read]

01-22-2004 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sarngate
Thanks zex20913, I've muddled around since your rapid response, revisited and redone rooms despite having existing victorious demos. The staircase is still blocked. Looking at my restore screen (highlight on Exit 1S4W) nothing is red, if i move highlight to 1S3W then 2W shows red, move to 1S2W and now 2W,1S2W and 1S1W show red! If I move to 1S1W it shows green, 1S2W shows white on black and good old 2W still shows red etc.,
Do the rooms have to be done in a particular sequence or all in one session? Do I have to restart the whole level if that's possible? I'll bruise but recover! BUT if the response is restart the whole game I'll bleed (to death) and give up!
HELP!

01-22-2004 at 10:21 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Try this:

Click on the exit room on the minimap.

Now see if there are any red rooms or dull ones on the map. If there are, then you have encountered the problem of completing the level in several restores but the door not opening because you did the rooms on separate occasions (You took one route, restored to a room completed earlier, took the other route and completed it, then made your way to the exit, thus making you seem to have completed different sections of the room in an opposite time order, which is paradoxical). To correct this problem, make a note of the rooms required to finish, then restore from the exit room. Go back and play the other rooms, then return. the problem should go away. If this does not work, then try looking at the "Insert DROD Room Image" function to check for rooms you may have missed. If all else fails, play through the level again in order (although not necessarily in one sitting). If this does not work, then make a bug report.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 01-22-2004 at 10:30 PM GMT]

01-22-2004 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
You could just go and visit every room again and see if its completed. I mean walk there with beethro not just on the restore mini map.
01-22-2004 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Scott wrote:
You could just go and visit every room again and see if its completed. I mean walk there with beethro not just on the restore mini map.
On level 15 that's a real pain though, since many of the rooms require you to clear the trapdoors before being able to continue. I prefer agaricus' solution.

01-23-2004 at 02:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sarngate
Thanks to zex20913, agaricus5, Scott and DiMono! I am humbled in the presence of the Masters who have hepled me resolve my problem and complete (and exit!) Level 15. I ended up deleting all my demos (not sure why) and restarting the level and completed it this morning (I'm in GMT land) I agree that multiple "restores" got me into this situation but I think that was helped by the lack of save points in several rooms, unlike recent levels. Unless this is a deliberate ploy I think a scroll in the Entrance might help future visitors. Once again many thanks, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.
Level 16 Tar Mothers and Goblins.....AAAARGHHHH! :fun

01-23-2004 at 03:39 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I like this guy :P

I don't think I've ever been so flattered...maybe ever.

:hi from all of us, and good luck on L16 etc.

01-25-2004 at 04:53 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 15 Can't exit!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com