Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet Downtime credit
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon CaravelNet Downtime credit (0)  
I hopped on TCB to play for a while today, and I notice caravelnet is not connecting. While I can't find anything that explictly says my Caravelnet has expired, given that I can't find an expiration date in my profile, I assume this is what has happened. (It would be nice to give some sort of automatic notification, whether it be a field in the profile giving caravelnet status (expired on 6-5-2008), or an automatic email or PM mentioning the expiration, or something like that. Because as is, I'm actually not 100% sure its even expired, I'm going on negative not positive evidence.)

Assuming my caravelnet has in fact expired, how do I get credited for the highscore downtime? I thought there was a thread on this, but a quick search for 'caravelnet' threads and a scan or recent posts on The Site section doesn't turn it up.

Thanks,
Johan

06-10-2008 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: CaravelNet Downtime credit (+2)  
If you have CaravelNet, there should be a CaravelNet tab on your profile page. It might be gone if it's expired.

There should be e-mails warning you of expiry, but I think there might be problems with site e-mail at the moment (also when mine expired a few months ago I found the mails in my spam folder :/)

E-mail support@caravelgames.com and that should get through to the right people.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 06-10-2008 03:14 AM]
06-10-2008 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
icon Re: CaravelNet Downtime credit (0)  
Rabscuttle wrote:
If you have CaravelNet, there should be a CaravelNet tab on your profile page. It might be gone if it's expired.

Yeah, the tab is gone, I just wasn't 100% sure it was under profile so I figured I might have been looking for it in the wrong place instead. I guess I'll email support now as well, I mostly posted here first to make sure the resident site (code)monkey would eventually see the part about how there isn't any very good indicator carvelnet is expired.

06-10-2008 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: CaravelNet Downtime credit (+3)  
Schik said he was going to credit everyone appropriately who had CaravelNet during the bad times (tm). I'm sure he'll get to that when he's around, but if your CaravelNet is already expired, please PM me and I'll take care of you right away.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-10-2008 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
mrimer wrote:
Schik said he was going to credit everyone appropriately who had CaravelNet during the bad times (tm). I'm sure he'll get to that when he's around, but if your CaravelNet is already expired, please PM me and I'll take care of you right away.

Thanks Mr. Imer! I see its already taken care of, thank you for the rapid response.

06-10-2008 at 04:04 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
May as well piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one...

I'm posting this at what is for me 11:30PM on 10 Jun 2008. My CaravelNet expires on 11 Jun 2008. Am I going to lose my CaravelNet when the servertime rolls over to the 11th, or the 12th? And when that happens, do I need to prod someone for the highscore downtime credit, or should I be renewing right about now?

06-11-2008 at 07:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: CaravelNet Downtime credit (+4)  
I've given out all the credits now, so everybody who had CaravelNet during the Bad Time should have extra CaravelNet time now.

06-12-2008 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Schik - just had a look and it seems that you have been more than generous! Now far be it from me to question, or indeed cramp, your philanthropic style, but are you sure we deserve that much? Given that knocking back the registration date knocks back the "money-to-Caravel" date . . . :unsure

06-12-2008 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Credit mrimer with the generosity - I'm just giving out what he said to give.

06-12-2008 at 05:11 PM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Brownie points and a big box of chocolates to mrimer then :D

06-12-2008 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Cool beans--thanks!
06-13-2008 at 06:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet Downtime credit
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com