Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : fourth level 1w
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
jovina
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon fourth level 1w (0)  
:w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t

:weep Please helppppppp me the solution is ???????
for fourth level : once west

thankkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuu ;) Jovina
01-22-2004 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RubellaGolda
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
icon Re: fourth level 1w (0)  
jovina wrote:
:w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t

:weep Please helppppppp me the solution is ???????
for fourth level : once west

thankkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuu ;) Jovina

A problem might be that some keys on your keyboard are stuck ;)

Can you tell us with what or where in the room you have problems?

A hint
In 4:1W (btw, is there a standard for room notation?) you
Click here to view the secret text

01-22-2004 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
There isn't a widespread accepted notation, but many of us seem to have some representation of the word "Level", be it an L or Level _ .

For the room question:

01-22-2004 at 03:41 PM
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
heres a demo :)

[Edited by sims5000 on 01-22-2004 at 03:54 PM GMT]

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 01-23-2004 at 02:12 PM GMT: Removed demo, then ran off to add to the FAQ]
01-22-2004 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Still producing demos?

I thought that you know that it's bad form to give demos out to people unless explicitly asked for, or it ruins the puzzle of the room for the person asking and for future readers of the thread. Since it has not been asked for, can you please remove this demo?

01-22-2004 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
She asked for a solution so I think sims is pushing the borders of netiquette but is still within his rights. What he should have done was say

Then say If you can't figure out the last part

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
01-22-2004 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
See, the problem was, without any information whatsoever from the original poster, how are we supposed to know at which point they were stuck at? Rubella and zex gave some generic information, more or less fishing for the original poster to supply us with more details on what they've tried already, and what did or did not work. Then, we can move to more specific hints. Simply supplying a demo right away is not just bad DROD style, but it isn't the first time either. sims5000 has been just adding demos to random topics which have been sitting silent for months on end and it's annoying several of us now. So, we are trying to ask sims5000 nicely to please stop doing this. It does not appear to be working.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-22-2004 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Yeah, I got that impression with the "Still producing demos?" thing... but maybe explicitly showing a good example might work too. Sorry if I'm tresspassing someone else's battle, though.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
01-22-2004 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
It's just that it's more satisfying for most people to be able to solve puzzles for themselves. Thus, hints are vastly preferred over outright solutions in cases where this is possible. So, someone probably would have worked up to your series of hints eventually, but apparently in this case, for a room this early in the dungeon, Rubella and zex decided it was best to only provide general hints in the hopes that this would be enough, and only if they did not would they move on to more advanced advice. Your method is fine, it's infinitely better than just throwing demos at people.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-22-2004 at 10:47 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : fourth level 1w
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com