Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RE: Full Linux version
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon RE: Full Linux version (0)  
Well, I can't seem to find my previous post asking for a full Linux download. I presume it's been deleted.

Bearing in mind I've been here for almost 4 years, here's my experience:
* Decided XP was not for me
* Installed Ubuntu
* Decided to install the Linux version as the XP version over Wine was rather slow
* Requested the full Linux version
* Did not arrive
* Tried again
* Still no joy
* After a week, I got reminded that the demo versions should allow me to play all user holds
* Went to the download page and was thoroughly confused by the ordering of versions
* Looked at the demo section and could not find a single link to a Mac or Linux demo download beyond AE (and a KDD patch)

I apologise if asking for the full version upset anyone, but I do own the game as most players know, and I figured it would just be a case of an admin sending me the installer pending the emails getting fixed.

Either way, (thanks to some help) I've finally found the Linux demo download so I'll use that for now. I really do think the downloads.php screen should be fixed though as it's probably a put-off to a lot of potential future DROD players.

[Last edited by Syntax at 05-04-2008 05:52 PM]
05-04-2008 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: RE: Full Linux version (+2)  
Syntax wrote:
Either way, (thanks to some help) I've finally found the Linux demo download so I'll use that for now. I really do think the downloads.php screen should be fixed though as it's probably a put-off to a lot of potential future DROD players.
*cough*

The CaravelNet download page is just full versions and updates; the demos are next to the product pages themselves, which IMHO is less confusing to people looking for a demo for a specific game...

And yes, your last thread really was deleted; at least I get an error when I try to bring it up from my browser history.

np: Stewart Walker - Last Week's Disappearance (Concentricity)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-04-2008 07:19 PM]
05-04-2008 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
icon Re: RE: Full Linux version (0)  
Cheers for the info - I would have given up looking if I was a potential new player and hence my post. A page called downloads.php ought to include all downloads IMHO. There would be nothing wrong with duplicating the links.

Either way, I still can't play the full version but at least I've got the demo version now. Hopefully the upgrade progress will be easy.

In case anyone is thinking I'm trying to play TCB illegally, I want to make clear that I own the game and just wanted a new copy.
05-04-2008 at 06:49 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: RE: Full Linux version (+1)  
Syntax wrote:
In case anyone is thinking I'm trying to play TCB illegally, I want to make clear that I own the game and just wanted a new copy.
Well, it's hard not to notice that you pwn 0wn own TCB via that trophy link below your posts... :P

np: Stewart Walker - Mylar Thought Balloons (Concentricity)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-04-2008 07:22 PM]
05-04-2008 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
icon Re: RE: Full Linux version (0)  
To explain my confusion further:
Clicking the Caravel logo from within the forum doesn't take you to the front-page with the full downloads but but to the viewsitepage with downloads highlighted. That download link is the one which doesn't seem complete.
05-04-2008 at 08:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RE: Full Linux version
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No