Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Random text...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon Random text... (0)  
I've been writing a bit latelly. Here's one text I wrote for a contest:

What's your role in the game of life?

Trying to look far, beyond time, has always been a rewarding exercise.
Despite just revisiting the old cliches like flying cars, robots or inter-planetary travel,
let's focus our attention on how people will be dealing with themselves in the coming centuries.

The question is: "What is your role in the game of life?" Are you shy? a doctor? a foreign student?
Or maybe a mother? Who do you believe you are? First of all, let's analyze our past. In ancient
societies, someone could include in just a few "categories": e.g. Nobles, peasants, a brave warrior
or a fierce king. With the centuries flying by, more subdivisions were created, expanded, refined.
New branches started enlarging this basic human hierarchic system. Someone could now be an
specialized weapon engineer, a rich merchant, a pioneer, a foot soldier or a genius.

Keeping this idea in mind, if we could picture actual time's possibilities, we would end up with a
very dense tree of variations. Extremely detailed, compared to the initial sketch. Nowadays, if you
ask someone: "Who do you believe you are?" You may have answers like: A geriatric doctor, a
compulsive shopper, or a lobbyist.

These are times when rules are being broken; people are starting not to act as they are supposed
to. A behavioral, sexual, intellectual and cultural revolution has taken place during the last century.
That's the point of this philosophical essay: Where will this revolution takes us?

In the distant future, that basic tree of possibilities will end up in the final leaves, the individual
personality. Every man will be immensely different from all others. Humans won't be able to be
categorized. Every man and woman will be as complex as a Leonardo da Vinci, de-standartized.
All the babies born on this planet will be taught that they are different from all, and need to find
their own way. Hierarchies, classifications, culture of masses, will all die out because of the lack of
necessity. The question: "Who are you?" will sound like a joke in my foreseen future, where every
man is an artist, creator of his own life.

Differentiation, that's the word...

Being nothing, you can be everything.

[Last edited by googa at 04-03-2008 05:21 PM]
04-03-2008 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Random text...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com