Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : rankings.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mayhog
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon rankings. (0)  
Just a quick question. How does one raise ones ranking. Is it based on some kind of scoring system? Or how often you use the forum? Or am I doomed to always be a mere roachling? :~(

01-12-2004 at 08:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: rankings. (0)  
Your ranking is based on the number of posts. You just have to post more to get a higher ranking.

01-12-2004 at 08:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
See the Forum FAQ for more information.

01-12-2004 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
We really should have a very conspicuous announcement somewhere about the FAQ. We seem to get a lot of these questions from people (me being one, when I was a roachling ;) )

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-12-2004 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Any suggestions, Red? Where did you look first when you arrived?

I'm thinking modifying the announcement on the Hints board to include the FAQ, but I think having a link tha says 'FAQ' isn't really too bad.

Matt

01-12-2004 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Mattcrampy wrote:
Any suggestions, Red? Where did you look first when you arrived?

When I first arrived, there wasn't any Caravel DROD yet, and I had the demo of Webfoot. It took me a few years to find the forum. An FAQ link on the menu at the left wouldn't be so bad either.

Probably the first thing I looked at in the site was read over the front page, then the "Game Info" (remember, I was really fascinated by the demo and wanted to know what the other monsters were like).

On the forum, it would probably be the General board. Maybe you should have a "stickied" post at the top of it (as that's also probably where someone with a question would post) that also linked to the FAQ.

01-12-2004 at 11:36 PM
agaricus5
Great idea!

Some sort of sticky thread, perhaps marked with a green folder to distinguish it from everything else, that says "All newcomers read this first" or something intriguing like this, that contains a general basic overview of how to do basic things on the forum like reply, post new threads and quote, and then contains a link to the FAQ that is described as containing all the information that the user will need about the forum (Just to avoid people dismissing the FAQ as irrelevant because they think it's only for advanced users), would be great.

01-13-2004 at 12:20 AM
The_Red_Hawk
A few of those things it took me a long time to figure out how to do.

01-13-2004 at 03:00 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
agaricus5 wrote:
Great idea!

Some sort of sticky thread, perhaps marked with a green folder to distinguish it from everything else, that says "All newcomers read this first" or something intriguing like this, that contains a general basic overview of how to do basic things on the forum like reply, post new threads and quote, and then contains a link to the FAQ that is described as containing all the information that the user will need about the forum (Just to avoid people dismissing the FAQ as irrelevant because they think it's only for advanced users), would be great.
Is it wrong that I can't tell if you're being sarcastic? :fun

I also think this thread, should it go up, should have something about how to search the forums for posts about the room you're having trouble with, if that's why you're in the forum, since we also seem to be getting many posts asking for help on rooms we've already discussed.

01-13-2004 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Would it be possible to format all the H&S topics to the same thing, like we've done with the Challenges?

This would make searching easier, and we could describe how to search in said green folder.

I think changing the titles would suffice, to something like L__, with 0 used if level 1-9, and then N or S coordinates, then EW coordinates.

e.g L04 1N 0W

I'd be willing to do it, but I have no authority.

And, if there's more than one room asked about in a topic, I think both should be listed, separated with um...semicolons. Give them something to do, the lazy punctuation.

01-13-2004 at 05:55 AM
agaricus5
DiMono wrote:
Is it wrong that I can't tell if you're being sarcastic? :fun

I'm not being sarcastic, I just wrote it using lots of subordination in between my main clause because I couldn't be bothered to split the sentence up. I suppose that's why it looks a bit sarcastic, but really, it isn't.

01-13-2004 at 08:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : rankings.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com