Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Room Help Page
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Room Help Page (0)  
As I'm sure everyone has noticed, we're getting a lot of requests for help on the same rooms as we've given help for in the past. Does anyone feel like digging through the forums to find all the posts of all the rooms that have been asked about, and make a list of them all with links?

...and before you suggest that I do this myself, I don't have time, so there :P

Edit: For what it's worth, this is post 750, so I'm 75% of the way to overtaking... man, oneiromancer made 500 more posts while I wasn't looking... CHARGE!!! :medieval ...I just noticed the ninja smiley doesn't have pupils :ninja

[Edited by DiMono on 01-12-2004 at 03:42 AM GMT]

01-12-2004 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Room Help Page (0)  
Well, I have noticed a few people asking about rooms that have answers on the site. I'll add a few more in the latter half of the game.

Matt

01-12-2004 at 12:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I've considered putting a chooser up - like the "Insert DROD Room image" chooser - that would allow the user to select a room they need help with. If they select one that already has a help thread, they'd be redirected to that thread. Otherwise, it would start a new thread for that room.

Thoughts?

01-13-2004 at 03:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Schik wrote:
I've considered putting a chooser up - like the "Insert DROD Room image" chooser - that would allow the user to select a room they need help with. If they select one that already has a help thread, they'd be redirected to that thread. Otherwise, it would start a new thread for that room.

Thoughts?
This would have to be a list of threads though, as there are, in many cases, more than 1 thread on a given room. I like the idea though. It would still require digging through all the hint threads to identify the relevant rooms though.

01-13-2004 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
That would be awesome...in fact, I thought I had suggested it once but more likely I had the idea and never said anything because I thought it would be too hard. Or, more likely, because there are too many posts that just say "Level 15" for example, or start on one room and evolve into another. If we could get at least the title to be accurate on all posts on that forum (i.e., always have the same format, like "Level 15 1S 1W", then at least the Search function would be more useful.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-13-2004 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Schik wrote:
Yeah, that's a cool idea. That should work really well.

-Erik

01-13-2004 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I also think we should have a "stickied" post for that at the top of the Feature Requests page.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-13-2004 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
I also think we should have a "stickied" post for that at the top of the Feature Requests page.
You do realize we're talking about a forum feature and not a game feature, right?

01-14-2004 at 03:13 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Room Help Page
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com