Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How big is yours?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon How big is yours? (0)  
Your drod*.dat file, that is. Some of you who play lots of holds must have a really big one. :P Mine is over 7 meg at the moment, but it's probably stuffed with demo's that have the description, "Beethro gets himself killed pretty quickly." I had 93 for one room!
01-07-2004 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: How big is yours? (0)  
10.9 MB here. :D I don't record demos when I die, however.

Having a dat file this large was pretty problematic when I wanted to give it to Mike to help solve the staircase bug. I couldn't post it to the Bugs forum, and his e-mail didn't accept files that large either. Eventually I got it to him but having a dat file that large was problematic.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-07-2004 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
Mine is 9.8 meg. I don't record demos when I die but I have a lot of getting killed ones in duggans from 1.5 since the change. I delete them when I find them but theres a lot of rooms I haven't looked back at yet.
01-07-2004 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Big-J-Q
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
3,76 MB :yikes
01-09-2004 at 08:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
How do you find the size?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-09-2004 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Go to your DROD/Data folder, there will be a file there called drod1_6.dat (the .dat part may or may not show up). When you single left click on the file you should see the file size in the panel on the left side of the folder window, although this depends on how you have your computer set up. If you don't see anything you can always right click on the file and select Properties to see how big the file is.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-09-2004 at 06:56 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
All right, mine's 11.7 MB.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-10-2004 at 03:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How big is yours?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com