Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD.net Links
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon DROD.net Links (0)  
Do you think we could have a link back to the home page on the menu at the left?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-05-2004 at 11:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: DROD.net Links (0)  
Click on the DROD banner.

Incidenly, I'm fairly sure this is standard web practice, having the logo graphics link back to the homepage.

Matt

01-06-2004 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Oh.....

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-06-2004 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I actually wouldn't have been surprised if there was no way back to the front page, since it's basically a summary of information found elsewhere on the site.

01-06-2004 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
But it takes you straight there, which is always handy.

Matt

01-06-2004 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
what surprised me is that there isn't a link to drod.net at the top of the page. the tiny one at the bottom of each page seems so inconsequential.
01-22-2004 at 10:16 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I think in general we assume that you've gotten to the forum by coming from the main page, so you probably know how to get there anyway. Personally, I have the forum and the main page bookmarked separately because I'm lazy.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-22-2004 at 04:14 PM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Oneiromancer wrote:
I think in general we assume that you've gotten to the forum by coming from the main page, so you probably know how to get there anyway. Personally, I have the forum and the main page bookmarked separately because I'm lazy.

Game on,

I originally got straight to the forum from a search engine. I didn't know DROD.net as a website existed for some time. The same happened with a couple more forums that I use. It might be better to make sure people know, rather than assuming they do.

Hmm, I just tried DROD in Google and the first hit was DROD.net so maybe I was just (un)lucky that day.
01-22-2004 at 07:42 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I agree. I think the lack of a link back to the main DROD website is incredibly silly.

Especially since there are three links that lead back to the forum's front page on the top of the forum. Surely, one of the redundant links could be removed to make room for a link to drod.net itself?

01-22-2004 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD.net Links
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com