Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Incorrect folders
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Incorrect folders (0)  
I've noticed that if I'm looking at the last thread in a forum that I hadn't previously read, and I reply to it, but before the updated thread displays I click back to the Forum Home List, that even though I've now read every thread the list still thinks I have an unread thread in that forum.

If I enter the forum, all the threads then list as read, but if I then return to the Home list (not through the back button) it still lists as having an unread thread. Right now it's doing this to me with the Hints/Solutions forum. Is this just something to do with timing of updates?

01-05-2004 at 05:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Incorrect folders (0)  
Your Hints/Solutions problem is actually because a thread was moved from there to another board before you read the original thread. So the bug is that moving a thread doesn't update unread lists. The only way for you to fix it is to do a "Mark all posts in Hints and Solutions as read."

Due to recent changes, the same occurs for any deleted posts, which I'm sure I mentioned somewhere. I'll try to clear up these issues soon.

Knowing the code, it doesn't really make sense that the action you described would cause anything like this, but if you notice it happening after I fix the known problems please let me know. The "Are any threads unread on this board" and "are any posts unread in this topic" functions use the same data, so unless there is invalid data in the list (such as deleted/moved posts) they should always be consistent.

It *does* make sense that it would think you haven't read something yet, because you haven't - there has been a new post to a thread since you last *read* the thread. Sure, the post was made by you, but since it reloads the thread after posting, it's self-correcting and not worth changing.

01-05-2004 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Incorrect folders (0)  
Cool, glad this is something simple like I expected it to be. I actually remember noticing this before but deciding not to post about it because I figured it was from moving a thread out or deleting it, but this time I decided to mention it in case I was wrong before.

01-05-2004 at 05:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Incorrect folders
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com