Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Polarization Disks (New Wave)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon Polarization Disks (+1)  
Polarization disks are a lot like orbs, you can strike them with something metal or by touching it. When struck, they will reverse the polarity of all arrows in a room. When depolarized, an arrow will reverse its arrow meaning. For example, a normal arrow will be facing north, a depolarized arrow that is still facing north, will have the commands of facing south.

I was also thinking that the depolarized arrows will have inverted colors rather than their polarized counterparts. That example would be like white is polarized, black is not. All depolarized arrows will be the opposite color than when it was a normal arrow.

01-30-2008 at 04:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: Polarization Disks (0)  
First, a bit of nitpicking - depolarizing an arrow would turn it off, not backwards.

That said... I like the idea of a token that reverses arrows completely. As things stand, we need *four* arrow-turning tokens to do that. However, playing with arrow color and making a north-facing arrow let things go south is immensely unintuitive. Better to have it actually *rotate* the arrows 180 degrees, I think.

01-30-2008 at 05:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
I don't think that polarized arrows would do this at all. The whole meaning of polarized (and polarization)is organizing light(or people, but people don't think of that one). It means that the light that has vibrations along one plane (where the light wave goes up and down) is let through (polarized glassed) where as the other photons which vibrate other directions are reflected.

I think that the real meaning would be a good idea, however. (although I have nothing against this one)

I wish that man would stay away
01-31-2008 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
More accurate name would be Polarity Swapper Token. That's the definition he was going for.

01-31-2008 at 04:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
I just reversed the polarity! [/Doctor]

01-31-2008 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Polarization Disks (New Wave)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com