Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : New Year, New DROD.net
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
IP: Logged
icon Re: New Year, New DROD.net (0)  
Weeee! New Bethro the Delver... some great stuff. I love the song. Also, great work on the site Matt! Cool stuff.

And I want an Eighth name too. Like Choehan (John) Williams or something... I dunno. I'm not very Eighth-savvy. :thumbsup

Great work everyone... hmmm... and maybe I should join the Eighth mapping thingie. Or maybe not... hmmm. :D

Sugar? Yes.

[Edited by Zmann on 01-04-2004 at 03:30 AM GMT]
01-04-2004 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Zmann wrote:
Weeee! New Bethro the Delver... some great stuff. I love the song. Also, great work on the site Matt! Cool stuff.
Thanks, fella!
And I want an Eighth name too. Like Choehan (John) Williams or something... I dunno. I'm not very Eighth-savvy.
Yeah, the main thing about Eighth names is that they try to be a bit silly. Favor hard consonants and whatever else makes the word easy to pronounce. A trick is to pick a word that sounds like something else and mutate it beyond recognition, but hopily leaving behind connotations. (i.e. "willibum" below comes from "silly bum"). "Choehan" isn't bad, but here are a few other possibilities off the top of my head:

Jondo Willups
Jonubut Wort
Jompers Willibum
Jobothan Wolly
Great work everyone... hmmm... and maybe I should join the Eighth mapping thingie. Or maybe not... hmmm. :D
Join! By all means, please do! >>prod<< >>prod<<

-Erik

01-04-2004 at 03:49 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Ooh, I like some o' them. Dunno which one to pick though... maybe I'll be Choehan Willibum, just for kicks.

Hmm... if I find the free time to do it, or if I'm really bored doing my homework, I'll probably give the map a go. Problem is, I was sick for a whole week because of the stupid flu, and I have a lot of makeup work to do. O_o

01-06-2004 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
I just realized the awesome pun in the green snakes being adders. And thought I'd spoil the fun for anyone who hasn't yet.

01-10-2004 at 06:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I couldn't think of a similar pun for the blue snakes, but I did think of the traditional Zelda enemy that the blue snake reminded me of, hence the rattlesnake.

Oh, and I added something else I think is pretty neat. Try going to http://www.drod.net/FakeFolder/ThisDoesntExist.html.

Matt

01-10-2004 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Heh, good idea.

Upon first glance I didn't even find any typos for you :) I'd look at it again, but I've already closed the window and I'm lazy.

Oh, on an unrelated note, is Dimthro going to make an appearance on the monster pages, or should I let my hopes back down?

01-11-2004 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, we'll see. Next thing I have to get up is the Hold Download page, so I'll update the rest of the site while I'm at it.

Matt

01-11-2004 at 07:20 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : New Year, New DROD.net
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com