Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 7 1S
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
IP: Logged
icon Level 7 1S (0)  
(picture)
I've completed all of the other rooms on this floor (except the "master intellect" room) but I can't do this one. I always get surrounded and killed. Is there a trick to this, or do I just have to be very efficient?

12-30-2003 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Skylancer64
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
icon Re: Level 7 1S (+1)  
That one's tricky. Unless I missed something, you just have to be good at swordsmanship and be efficient.

Click here to view the secret text

12-30-2003 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Level 7 1S (0)  
The usual advice is to always find a spot where you can kill one roach per turn--that is, don't bottleneck yourself. Other than that, Skylancer's advice is pretty good.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-30-2003 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
Thanks, I beat it.

12-30-2003 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
dividendD
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: Level 7 1S (-1)  
masonjason wrote:
Thanks, I beat it.
You don't need to beat the Master Intellect room. You should be able to exit now, but maybe not in Webfoot.
02-06-2004 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
You dug up a month-old thread for that? Dude, he's past the room. He said so in the thread. Why do you keep resurrecting threads like this? Seriously, I'd like to know.

02-06-2004 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Not only that, he's worng, you do need to beat the Master Intellect room for the blue door to open. So complete waste of time. :D

"Oook!"
02-06-2004 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Apologies for asking, but how did this thread become resurrected?

The last post on it (not including mine) was in February, but it had still somehow found its way to the top of the board and had a Red Folder mark.

Did someone post, but then delete it?

03-09-2004 at 10:34 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yep. Someone posted asking desperatly for a demo (and it was not the usual culprit). Actually, they double-posted. And I didn't even know it had been deleted until you made this post.

I guess that's all you wanted to know.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-09-2004 at 10:41 PM
shogunu
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
i posted here just a couple of hours ago, but somehow my post was deleted :~(

okay, here it is again, i've been trying to solve this level but i really really can't find a solution, i tried entering from the north, also from the east, i tryied killing the 2 mothers in the south-western chamber first, also making the 3 mothers in the eastern chamber go up to the smaller north-eastern one. nothing worked for me, so i was wondering in my first post if anyone could send me a demo, pls.
here is what my profile says
Posts Made: 1
here is what a search on all my posts says:
Your search returned 0 results.

[Edited by shogunu on 03-09-2004 at 10:57 PM GMT]

03-09-2004 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
shogunu
Oneiromancer wrote:
... Actually, they double-posted. And I didn't even know it had been deleted until you made this post.

I guess that's all you wanted to know.

Game on,

yeap, i did double post [lousy isp, i didn't knew the send reply page loaded, and i pressed f5 thus sending the message again :D] but i deleted one [and only ONE], hope that clears you

03-09-2004 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Avoid getting too many roaches coming from too many sides at once.

What I'd do is go straight for the northern chamber. It sounds like it's more dangerous, but if you're efficient, you can then get to the eastern chambers quickly and kill the roaches there, leaving you with only roaches coming from the west side. Use walls to your advantage (Diagonal step round them to force roaches following to be stuck behind), and step to kill when possible rather than swing, because it allows you to move forwards as well at certain times, and in this room, you need to be efficient.

03-09-2004 at 11:43 PM
agaricus5
There is also a more spoiler-ish answer in this old thread:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=226&page=0#1071

03-09-2004 at 11:47 PM
shogunu
thanks a lot, i can happly go to sleep now :thumbsup
:rolleyes :)

03-10-2004 at 12:09 AM
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Level 7 1S (+2)  
I just replayed the level, found it a lot harder than I remembered it, especially when following the advice other folks gave it this forum... Here's advice I would give you.

First, general strategy.

Ok, so if that's not enough assistance, and I recommend you try playing through the stage thinking of that advice before reading further, I'll give you my specific methods, which may or may not be easiest or most efficient, but certainly work. But working things out on your own is good training and believe me, you need serious training because it gets much worse in the deeper levels (although this is one of the more challenging rooms in the shallower parts)

If after trying this for a while you still can't get it, I will post a demo, but you wont feel nearly as good about yourself with a demo. nor will you learn as much, which is key if you want to solve the rest of the dungeon without a demo. And I for one will not post a demo for every hard room you encounter.

Hope this was helpful, and Happy Smiting! :starwars

-----------
*sigh* spent too long writing this post, and the solution got given by Mr. Concise-Mushroom there...

[Edited by Drizzo on 03-10-2004 at 12:26 AM GMT: to whine]

03-10-2004 at 12:22 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 7 1S
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com