Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
IP: Logged
icon Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Help me, help me.

I think starting in the middle is no good. Starting in the SW corner did ok, but I don't know if I'd ever solve this.
01-22-2008 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
I did start the room in the middle. In the sw quorner of the middle section.
01-22-2008 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Thank you both!

On to lvl 4.
01-22-2008 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Terry
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
Hmm - I feel like I'm missing something pretty obvious. Best I can do is get down to two Aumtlich, and then I'm stuck. Any more hints?
03-17-2008 at 05:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Terry
Rank Points: 30
Ah, yes, that did it :) For anyone else stuck here: basically I was handling the snakes wrong. Kill the SW Aumtlich with your sword pointing north on turn 3, and stay at the bottom row so that the snake on your right runs into a dead end.
03-17-2008 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
boodog
Rank Points: 51

File: stl31s1w.jpg (219.3 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
Could somebody help, based on the conversation, (e.g larry thanking "both") some of the replies have obviously disappeared. Blondbeard said to start in the sw corner of the middle, I assume that means body killing the lich at 15,9. I think this can only be done if the hook is NE and the snakes both move horizontally, then the slayer moves anticlockwise and East, killing 2 liches to leave this position. Is this right, if so how do I go from here?

Edit: from there I think I need to turn AC and then S to kill another 2 liches, but then I'm stuck.

Edit 2, never mind got it. Need to time the snakes exactly,
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by boodog at 10-17-2021 05:15 PM]
10-17-2021 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
The strategy suggested later is what worked for me: start in the SW, facing north, and kill the aumtlich when the timer is on 3. Stay in the bottom row and one snake will die immediately.

If you need some moves from there:

Click here to view the secret text

10-17-2021 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Slayer Traps : Level 3 - Aumtlich : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com