Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : The Voracious Virus
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon The Voracious Virus (0)  
This tarstuff exists only in walls. It has a mother, it spawns babies from walls one tile wide. These babies attack just like seep. The mother is not an enemy, since you can only exist on land, and wall isn't quite the correct form of land. While the mother isn't an enemy, the babies are.

The color of this tarstuff is a gaseous form of yellow and green that is slightly transparent.

This tarstuff can be cut on all sides, but you really can't destroy all of it. Since this will occur, tarstuff gates are not affected by this, virus. The strange thing is, this will grow on any pits it sees, but will never grow within one square of water.

01-07-2008 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: The Voracious Virus (0)  
So...something that spawns infinitely? And is unkillable? I don't like. Exiting a room would be nigh upon impossible.

01-07-2008 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
There are cases when you could kill the mother. Besides, the mother is not an enemy, the tarstuff is not an enemy, and you must attempt to remove all areas where babies could be formed. If that is impossible, then file a complaint.

01-07-2008 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I agree that it should somehow be killable, but I really like the concept.

Personally, I would say that the mothers should be normal monsters. The potential for putting them smack in the middle of the room is akin to the following formation of mud (m is mud, M is mud mother):

WW..WW
WmmmmW
.mMMm.
.mmmm.
WmmmmW
WW..WW

The architect can make them unkillable.

But here's a twist: how about they are highly volatile and as a result an explosion will follow the Virus and burst up to one square beyond the normal radius, including onto the ground and not limited by the path of the explosion. That way you can blow holes into the walls with bombs. And the ability to carry bombs around corners is pure puzzle potential, folks.
01-07-2008 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
Umm, I could kill that mud, though I do see your point.

Oh, and I too approve of the virus.
01-08-2008 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
*Sigh* At least I got something to show to the game-putter-inners. I'll take your suggestions, just so that it would be a perfected thing. Although the possibility that this will be inputed into the game is... 13.7%.

01-08-2008 at 12:30 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Do'h. Yeah, the point is, the archtect can make unkillable mud and tar formations. A better example is:

..WW..
.WttW.
WtTTtW
WttttW
.WttW.
..WW..
That's an unkillable baby-spawning machine.
01-08-2008 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
Naw, all ya gotta do is get those wraithwrings to move out of the way. :P

01-08-2008 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
golfrman wrote:
Naw, all ya gotta do is get those wraithwrings to move out of the way. :P
This made me laugh a bit. Anyways, how about the virus can only be put on crumbly walls? Or, the virus can be put on normal walls, but the mother on crumbly walls? (though people could exploit this by by putting the mother in between unreachable normal walls)
01-08-2008 at 11:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
The only way I'd allow this is to have something saying that the virus MAKES the walls crumbly. But then we just have perfectly cuttable tar over crumbly walls, so it's not really that new. There are a limited number of puzzles available from something with the restriction "the eyes must be next to a floorable construction".

01-08-2008 at 12:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : The Voracious Virus
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com