Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (Bugger, a bug, a sticky one)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
AnneAardvark
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (+1)  
I got stuck because of a bug and had to restore.
I entered the Patronage as one does,
I waited out the dialog and attempted to follow the departing 'patron' but I was a couple of squares out, however as the other patrons were moving out of the way and moving back again they created a gap, I followed in this gap down into the next screen. There was no path to my horror, I was trapped amongst a bunch of patrons, or so I thought, most were just ghosts and you could just walk through them. After a bit of experimenting I discovered this is by design as right clicking the patrons revealed the 'real' solid patrons that can't be walked through are just one or two rows deep, the rest are just 'floor' tiles that look like patrons.
The problem was, although I could walk between three screens I could not get back onto the legit path as no further people came through the entrance to create a gap.
I restored to the entrance of the entrance and followed the departing patron via the proper path and got the full 'Patronage speech' and the propper exit path.
I don't know what this whole patronage buisness is about yet, everything is wierd down here.

BTW, there was no benifit to this bypassing the normal path, the game didn't play out as I wasn't on the correct path.
01-02-2008 at 10:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (0)  
AnneAardvark wrote:
I got stuck because of a bug and had to restore.
I entered the Patronage as one does,
I waited out the dialog and attempted to follow the departing 'patron' but I was a couple of squares out, however as the other patrons were moving out of the way and moving back again they created a gap, I followed in this gap down into the next screen. There was no path to my horror, I was trapped amongst a bunch of patrons, or so I thought, most were just ghosts and you could just walk through them. After a bit of experimenting I discovered this is by design as right clicking the patrons revealed the 'real' solid patrons that can't be walked through are just one or two rows deep, the rest are just 'floor' tiles that look like patrons.
The problem was, although I could walk between three screens I could not get back onto the legit path as no further people came through the entrance to create a gap.
I restored to the entrance of the entrance and followed the departing patron via the proper path and got the full 'Patronage speech' and the propper exit path.
I don't know what this whole patronage buisness is about yet, everything is wierd down here.

BTW, there was no benifit to this bypassing the normal path, the game didn't play out as I wasn't on the correct path.
Not a bug -- if you don't follow the guy promptly, you won't have a way to pursue him along the temporary path. Although you shouldn't be able to get off to the edge of the room like that...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-02-2008 05:06 PM]
01-02-2008 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
I remember doing that. :D I thought I'd found a secret. I'm not sure how one would fix it.

01-02-2008 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Bump.

This is probably still an issue.

10-29-2020 at 02:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (+1)  
Didn't I already report this? And then they fixed it with some force arrows?

10-29-2020 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (+1)  
Yes, you already posted it, almost 8 years after AnneAardvark reported it.

10-29-2020 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Ah! Good memory. Better than mine apparently :)

Thanks for the link to the other topic. Good to know it's fixed in the 5.0 version; I'd forgotten that. I can't recall whether the 1E issue reported in the other thread is fixed, but it's not serious or urgent.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-29-2020 04:32 PM]
10-29-2020 at 04:32 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TCB 3.1 The Patronage: The Entrance (Bugger, a bug, a sticky one)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com