Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Inside The Caravel Building
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Inside The Caravel Building (+2)  
Ok, I need to cure my writing needs, so I am going to do that by doing some sort of fanfic related on the forums! :)
If it's meant to go somewhere else, tell me.

Jeff_ray's Story (Main)
Click here to view the secret text

Jeff_Ray's Story: Bonus Parts

DROD RPG's Release

Pilchard's Story

Monkey's Story:

Chaco's story:

12th Archivist's Story:

Comments and suggestions are well accepted, unless it's offensive to me in any teensy way.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 02-18-2009 09:57 PM]
12-18-2007 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (+1)  
Oh hey I'm the guy sleeping under the fountain. (I volunteer.)

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
12-18-2007 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (0)  
Wow, quick reply! Well, I might consider you appearing in the next excerpt. It might come up later tonight or tommorow.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-18-2007 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bobpie
Rank Points: 54
I call Janitor cameo!
That is, if you feel like it.
12-19-2007 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
It seems like Jeff is mostly writing this as his creative expression of an imaginary world where Caravel's main headquarters of operation is this huge skyscraper, which is merely the surface front for a huge underground network of dusty yet well-lit catacombs. Therefore, forum members might not necessarily get to request positions in this story and get them.

However, this is Jeff's thread and he can do and write whatever he wants. Continue and create greatness! :)

12-19-2007 at 02:21 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Here's a new excerpt! It will be added to the first post, for the sake of it.

Getting A Membership

The guy did wake up. When he did, he noticed I was staring at him.

"Huh... are you new around here?" said the guy.

"Yes. I'm not even registered yet!" I reply.

"Well, nickname's zonhin." he said, as I shook his hand.

"So, zonhin, since when did you register?" I ask.

"Well, thing is... I'm a bit shy to do it now." he said. "For now, I'm lurking around. People see me, yet never talk to me."

"Oh. Well, I'm not rushing you to register." I say, as I walk away. "Goodbye! See you around."

"Sure." he sent back.

I walk for the main doors. As I approach, the building feels really larger. I enter the place, and see a small microphone and automatic doors.

"Hello. Who are you and what is the purpose of your journey here?" says a voice.

"Well, I don't have a nickname yet, but I'm here to register as a member." I say.

"Very well. Proceed to the office to your right after you enter." says the voice as the doors open.

I do as the voice indicated, and I went to the Registration Desk.

"Hello! So you want to be a member? Lucky you, it's free!" says the guy who runs the registration booth. "Let's begin! So, desired username?"

"Jeff Ray." I say.

"Ok. How do you spell it?

"J-E-F-F-space-R-A-Y."

"Good, good. For how long did you play DROD?"

"A few times, enough to master the controls." I say.

"Ok. Age?"

"10." I say.

"Good, good..." he says as he writes down. "Good, that's all you need to tell me. Now, follow me. We'll take a snapshot for your member card."

I follow the guy to a room where a bunch of photographic instruments were. I stand where the snapshotter told me to. I cross my legs (even though he wouldn't snapshot them), I frown a bit and let out a smirk.

"Good. Now, stay put..." he said.

Then, a flash blinded my eyes for a second. But I knew the snapshot was took.

"Good! You'll receive your card tommorow." said the guy. "For now, you can have your member keys." He said as he handed the keys over.

Well, one big thing was over, and it was getting that membership. Now, the good times are to come. I think.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-19-2007 at 11:13 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Oooooh... Next should be the Arnold thread! I can't wait!
12-19-2007 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
It's a very good idea, and I can't wait to read some more of it if you decide to continue.

But would it be okay if other people could add little extra extracts to the story? Then we could build up a collaborative DROD based novel.

12-19-2007 at 04:31 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Well, I don't mind others adding their own stories. I might make special spots in the first post to fit them in. :) However, I won't count these as official.

I head for the room a small white card that came along with the keys indicated. The hallway I was going through was filled with DROD-related posters, small hints&tips papers written by a member that calls himself Oneiromancer and some announcements about games and contests hosted by the very members of the place.

After some walking, there were a bunch of wooden doors that had number labels. I take another look at the small card. It had 208 written on it. I keep looking at the labels, yet no room number matched the number I had. I come across an elevator. I enter, and just as I was going to press the '2' button, I realize something. Where was my luggage?!? I left it outside, where the zonhin guy was! I press the 'Open Doors' button, rush back to the fountain, and find my luggage where it was. I grab it, and pull it all the way back to the elevator. When I do, I press the '2' button, and up it goes.

When the doors open, I see another hallway similar to the one on the last floor. I find room 208 four doors away. I rush there, pulling my luggage along. I put in the key, turn it, and open the door.

The room is sort of small, with a TV, two desks with a computer for each. One of the desks is occupied by someone. Other than that, a window gave a view of the back yard. The sun, which was moving away slowly, but surely, lighted the room with its orange hue.
I opened my luggage and put my purple GameCube near the TV.

Ok, I think I'll meet someone here! Sadly, since the storyline is set on May 16th, 2005, it won't be anyone who registered after I did. :|

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 12-20-2007 12:57 AM]
12-20-2007 at 12:25 AM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (-1)  
Is that really necessary?

12-20-2007 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (+3)  
Well, it is his story, so he can do what he wants with it.

Anyway, I made a version of my own. I know there are some continuity errors, but I think it came out all right.
Feedback pls. :)

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 12-20-2007 12:35 PM]
12-20-2007 at 12:34 PM
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (+4)  
Quite good. However, since I am only new from 2005, I think you might be talking about someone else, because the current storyline I'm in passes through 2005. However, they WILL be a fast forward after I'm done with what happens in 2005. :)

Here's a short excerpt. Short, because I don't have much time for this. Beware, minor Super Mario Sunshine spoilers.

I try to remember how my dad plugged my GameCube, and then try to do as I remember. I had a hard time doing so, but when I did, I decided to play on Super Mario Sunshine.

I control Mario through the area up to Pinna Park, where I try to do mission 8. I had to try about 312 times, and when I was about to complete it...

"Excuse me, but do you mind lowering the TV volume? I'm really busy with my holds." the person on the CPU told me.

I go up to the volume switch on the TV, but by the time I get back to my remote, I had noticed that the ride went through the last lap, and I failed.

"Darn!" I let out.

I turn off the GameCube, then the TV, and I go on the avaible computer.

"You're new around here, right?" asked the guy on the other computer.

"Yeah, I barely arrived." I tell him. "Say, who are you?"

"Well, my nickname's egg egg." he responds as I shake his hand. "Seems like we'll be roommates for now!"

"For now?" I ask. Do you intend to leave?"

"Well, sorta. I quite miss my family. I left them to join that club thing, but I never thought I'd really miss them, after all that bad stuff I had to go through."

"Oh." I reply. "Alright, I think I should get on that CPU, now! Can't wait to play!"

Well, egg egg's my roommate! Comments, please...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-20-2007 at 01:01 PM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
Here's a tiny part of a story around the "building", around 2007. Note that this is its own story.

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-24-2007 12:56 AM]
12-21-2007 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
There are many stories surrounding the Caravel Games Building. This is one of them.

12-22-2007 at 05:14 PM
Pilchard VIII
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (+2)  
Here's a second part of my part of the story, and an unexpected visitor arrives at the building.

Kay, I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

PS. I don't really have a girlfriend, but there is one girl that I have one hell of a crush on.

12-23-2007 at 12:04 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Thanks to you for adding some stories! Each story was added on the first post, thank you. Well, time for an update!

I boot up DROD, and I notice Create New User was blocked off, and that there were no new user files. Because of this, I let out a grunt of frustration and close DROD.

"Oh, yeah. New members must register at the 'Arnold Thread' place. It's located on floor B221." told me egg egg.

"B221?!?" I let out, "There are SO many floors? I thought there were only 9!

"The nine floors are mostly bedrooms. The real stuff happens underground." he told me.

"Right, I'm going." I say.

Just as I reach the door, a sudden flash occurs to me:

"Oh, and you better not mess up EVEN ONE of my GameCube files." I say. "Got it?"

"Uh... yeah, sure..." he replies as I close the door and head for the elevator. I type in B221, and there it goes.
After what seemed like 3 hours, I reach the floor.

It was pretty dark there. The only sources of light were the numerous torches on the door. I eventually find a room with a label that said 'Arnold Thread'. I enter.

The room wasn't pretty large. It felt dark and creepy. The grey bricks, the random cracks and some tiny roaches, unlike the ones in the game, made the room. It gave some sort of dungeon feeling.

"Hello, I'm Malarame, and I run the Arnold Thread. You just have to write an introduction so the server can prove you're not a spambot disguised as a boy." the guy said, handing me a piece of scroll and a pencil.

For a while, all that was heard was the sound of the pencil writing on the scroll. Soon enough, I'm done, and I hand the intro over.

"Nice, nice. You may go back to your room, we will unlock the 'Create New Player' function for your DROD games.

"Thank you." I said just before I reran the sentence. "GameS?" I say, saying the S out loud.

"Yeah, it's quite recent, but the Caravel Games have released a new DROD version: Journey To Rooted Hold. You should have a look at it, even though it's only a demo." said Malarame.

"Whatever, thanks." I say, as I leave the room. I go to the elevator, type in 2 and I waited.

When I reach my room, I quickly checked each and every game I had, and made sure the files in them were intact. I was glad to know they were. I go on the computer, open DROD and I create my player file.

Alright, he can play DROD now! Comments?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-23-2007 at 12:06 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Bump! A new entry making its way! And it's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

When I saw the little familiar Beethro faces, I thought I had the wrong one, since it did mention Architect's Edition.

"Oh well, I can keep the surprises for later." I said to myself.

I boot up the Build Levels function. It asked me to insert my hold's name. I type in: 'Jeffrey's Hold'. Obviously, it was.
When I finally finish filling the three other forms, I see the level editor screen. I click on the room, and I carve in an entrance room. It was empty, and led to the north. I make another one, except with orbs in it, and a few doors, like some intro to orbs. Then, a flash came to me.

"Hmm... I have a bit of experience in that domain... Maybe I should challenge myself to making the most rooms I can!"

However, I said that out loud.

"You know, I doubt it's a good idea. It's only your first day here... you should maybe enjoy the luxury this place has to offer first, THEN start making holds... but then, it's only a suggestion..." egg-egg told me.

"...You're right." I say, as I close DROD, then my computer.
"I might want to play on my Nintendo GameCube system for now."

Of course, I didn't play on it yet. I went out for a walk, keeping my NGC cards just in case. I went to floor one, as well as some of the underground floors.

Of all I had the chance to see, the floor B14 was the most surprising. It was a SubTerra floor. I didn't really understand, though, as SubTerra was only BoulderDash on steroids, and had no true link with the DROD game. I didn't need to download the game to know what it was, since I had a little more experience in the game than I did with DROD.

Of course, I met The Stew Boy, a dedicated fan of the game, as well as its WIP sequel. He just kept making SubTerra levels, he told me.

Shortly after that, I went to get the Download Key for SubTerra. Stew helped me find where I get these. It was in the room B14-23.
I open the door, and see that Pieter Simoons, the one responsible for the game, was working on the computer. After a bit of waiting, he turns to me.

"Why, hello!" said Pieter, "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I'm here to get a download key for SubTerra." I respond.

"Right... do you have your member card?" he asked.

I had forgotten they said I'd get my card tommorow.

"Well, you see, I registered today, and the guys who make memberships didn't give me my card yet." I tell him.

"I see. Sorry, but without a card, I can't confirm your membership. Come back when you have your card." he said.

"Ok, I understand." I say, as I reach for the door.

I let a desperate sigh. Back in the times where I didn't play DROD, SubTerra was the shine and gold of my computer games. Too bad I couldn't revive the experience... today. I went to the elevator to return to my room. When I opened the door, egg-egg told me something:

"Someone just came in and told me to tell you that the secretary wants to see you."

I almost already knew why they wanted to see me. Judging from the indigo hue coming from outside, I guessed it was about 6PM.
If I was quick enough, I would be able to make something out of the level editor. I make a run for the elevator, in which I press the '0' button. It passes the first floor, and reaches the main lobby. I hurry to the secretary's desk. When I reached here, I received my member card, with that smirk on it. Now, I remembered I had a floppy disk with me. It might be even faster if I check this out and then send the levels to the public! I make a run to floor B14, then room B14-23. When I got there, Pieter asked:

"So, I guess you have your member card now?"

"Yes, I do!" I responded as I handed him my card. He looks at it, then lets out a chuckle.

"Funny expression you did here." he remarked.

"I know."

He typed in something, and then clicked.

"Alright, you should have SubTerra on your computer." he said,
"Have a nice day!"

"Bye." I let out, as I exit the room.

I made a run to 'my' room. When there, I quickly opened the computer, and I noticed SubTerra being right there. I insert my floppy disk, then I run SubTerra.

When done, I loaded my levels, one by one, into the system. After I confirm three of them were OK, along with a 'random' level, I go back at floor B14. I ask Stew, who was still there, where one would submit levels. He said it was a computer function.

I run all the way through that again. I put my four levels through the system, and they were submitted. I also noticed a download program, probably to download holds and SubTerra levels, as well as other stuff.

Now, since the day was pretty much over, because of the nearly-black sky, I decided to play a late game of Mario Sunshine. This time, I successfully complete the mission I began a few hours ago.

After I was done playing the game, I close my GameCube, verify that my computer is shut, and open the small lava lamp. I never saw one before, so seeing the lamp's heat make bubbles was surprising.

I took a small magazine that was on my desk, called The Daily Caravel. I quickly read the thing, sometimes stopping to analyze an article about some hilarious event. There were hold reviews, as well as news on the Caravel life.

After I finish my reading, I put the book away, and realize I didn't take a shower yet. I go up to the bathroom, with a pyjama in hands, and I take my shower, leaving my pyjamas on the counter nearby. When I was done, I put on my pyjamas, then went to sleep after this completely insane day. All I hope is that such complications won't be hassling me for the next days here.

Whew, when I write in the morning! Comment!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-27-2008 at 11:09 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
I'm glad you're writing and sharing your story. I enjoyed reading about your day.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-28-2008 at 06:07 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Since I haven't got much time on the school computers, I will make a small preview for you guys.

I then went outside. It was a marvelous sunshiny day. I decide to walk around. I saw zonhin sleeping under the fountain. Other than him, I didn't see anyone else. However, as I was walking around the fountain, I suddenly noticed someone on one of the Plaza benches. I went and sat on the bench next to his.

Suspense, hmm? Later, you will find out who's the guy on the bench! When I get to writing the next part, that is.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-29-2008 at 04:44 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Up, up, and a bump!

Here's the second day! Another entry.

I saw something. At first, it wasn't quite clear, but it was my sister. She was bugging me to go on the computer.

"Come on, Jeff! Let me go on! It's only for a research!"

She sounded, and looked older. She was about 15, from the looks.

"Look. There's one reason why I left that house for the Caravel Building years ago. It was to get you off my back. And now, you HAD to come in here, and ruin my fun!"

She was surprised, and shocked at the same time. She went off on her bed, and started crying. Of course, I ignored her childish attitude and played on DROD 5. In the room I was, there was a 2x2 roach sleeping in a corner.

"I want to go home!" she cried.

"Simple. You can log out, and never come back here. That would help me a lot."

*RIIIING!*

My eyes opened wide. I am still 10, egg egg is still my roommate, and my sister is nowhere to see. I let out a sigh of relief to know it was only a dream. But it felt so real! And how come I was older in my dream? I didn't understand anything of the dream. Will it really happen?

I tried to forget this nightmare. I went in the bathroom, and put on my clothes. I left for the plaza.

I then went outside. It was a marvelous sunshiny day. I decide to walk around. I saw zonhin sleeping under the fountain. Other than him, I didn't see anyone else. However, as I was walking around the fountain, I suddenly noticed someone on one of the Plaza benches. I went and sat on the bench next to his.

I heard him mumble about DROD: Journey To Rooted Hold, which I quickly thought it was the new version.

It was then quiet for a while, until he turned to see me looking around.

"Are you new around here?" asked the person.

"Yeah. My account is two days old." I reply.

"Well, the username's MeckMeck Gre." he said as I shook his hand. "And you are?"

"Jeff_ray. As in, a raygun." I said.

"Oh! That's a good one!" he said, with a chuckle.

"Well, that was, indeed, my plan with the username." I tell him.

"Oh well, I have to go! I have some work to do with my hold." said MeckMeck.

"Bye!" I said.

The person got up, and went for the main doors.

Alright, I met MeckMeck. I bet you can't wait to know what's next, hmm?

Tune in for the next entry!

-Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

02-23-2008 at 01:56 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Please comment! :(

When he left I decided to return to my room. I took the chance to look around on the way and greet any people that were walking around. When I was in the room, I saw something horrible!

egg egg was nowhere to see. I looked everywhere, only to find a note. It said:

"Dear Jeff_ray,

It's only been two days, but the torment was too much for me to stand. I just had to get away. I hope you won't be mad at me for doing this, Jeff_ray. Hopefully, they might give you another roommate soon enough.

Signed,
egg egg"

Why did he do this? He knew I was going to be alone! However, I then remembered my dream. My sister was there, but for how long? What if she heads in tommorow?!? I tried to take this thought away, but it wouldn't leave. I played on my GameCube, hoping to have the thoughts fade away. No avail.

But then, I heard a knock on my door.

"This is the room you will be in, madam." I heard behind the door.

I shivered. Was it finally going to happen? Will my annoying sister come in and ruin my new life, maybe my inexistant reputation? I looked at the door, and then closed my eyes, hoping for the best.

What will be next? Will my sister really come? Or is it another female DRODer? Stay tuned!

And comment, plz!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-16-2008 at 10:37 AM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Brr! After reading the thread again, I must! know who this 'person' is. Please continue the story! It's very enjoyable!

05-27-2008 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
I might do that. I'll move on with that tonight, hopefully. Be on the look for an edit!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

05-28-2008 at 04:40 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Time to bring this back up!

As the door opened, I opened one eye. I was relieved to see that it wasn't my sister, but another woman DRODder. She looked around, and saw me.

"Why, hi there!" she said.

"...Hi." I said, nervously.

"So, you're new here, aren't you?" she asked.

"Yeah, today's my second day here." I replied.

"I'm techant." She said as I shook her hand. "And you are?"

"Jeff_ray." I replied, "Actually, it's a pun on my name and ray guns.

"Oh, I see!" she replied with a chuckle, "Anyways, they sent me in this room for a bit. The roommate I used to be with left a while ago, and I was with a new guy, but yesterday, he burned the room up and ran away. Luckily, the building's firemen were able to kill out the flames, but they have to rebuild the room. I hope you don't mind that they put us together, right?"

"No, of course not!" I replied back.

"That's good! See you around! I have to go somewhere."

"Ok. Bye!"

She left the room and took a turn to the right. I closed the door, and went to play on my Gamecube.

---

A while later, I went on the computer, and tried JtRH out. The graphics were greatly improved from the original. I built some test rooms for the game to try out the new elements. Sadly, I only had the first style: Foundation.

However, I remembered that people on some places such as Spriters Resource made and ripped some sprites from games to upload sprite sheets to make sprite comic making easy. I decided to do this for DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold.

I was done with the ripping process, and I printed the sheet out.
I was about to leave to show it to the others when techant returned. I showed to her the sheet with the ripped images from the game.

"I must admit, Jeff_ray, that's not something to do." she told me.

"How come? I'm not harming anyone with that, am I?"

"Well, the graphics for JtRH are copyrighted by Erik Hermansen, the maker of the game."

"That means that ripping isn't allowed?"

"Exactly."

"Oh... I guess I might as well trash this."

I tore the sheet apart and threw the bits in the recycle bin.

"Alright, I'll go. Don't mess with the gamecube, ok?"

"Ok, I will remind that."

I walked out of the room and went for the elevator.

Yes, this story will cover some of the events that really happened in the forums! :)

Also, techant is now my temporary roommate!

Comment please!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-17-2008 at 02:17 PM
Samuel
Rank Points: 69
You always come up with the funniest stories :P Good job :thumbsup

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-18-2008 at 02:47 AM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
Ohhh yeeahhhh...
Chapter 1 (old):

Chapter 2:

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-27-2008 02:42 AM]
07-19-2008 at 11:50 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Monkey, your new part was added to the main post! Thanks for the contribution! If anyone wants a story of their own based on their adventures in the Caravel Building uploaded, I will. Just post it in here! However, it won't be official.

The update will come later as an edit or Double Post.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-20-2008 at 01:14 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Alright, update time!

I went for the lobby floor and take a look around. B-24 was the holds floor. I take a look and select some holds to download to my computer. I find one of them made by MeckMeck, the guy I had met a few hours ago. I return to the room, and I take a look at the holds. The puzzles were rather tough for the amateur player I was. I manage to complete one hold.

I then continue building my hold in JtRH. I was working on 1S1E, a room with a character shape similar to Ogmo, Jumper’s main character. There were secret walls with snakes and rows of trapdoors on which the snakes were meant to die. I keep on making some rooms until the clock in our room hits noon.

I ask techant where we were supposed to eat lunch. She mentionned the floor B50. I went there, and went in one of the rooms. There was, to the first door to the left, a unknown restaurant with weird burgers sold. I take a closer look at the menu, and I see Roach Burgers, Wraithwing Soup, Seep (maybe one of those new JtRH critters), and some more DROD-like meals. I take a tiny roach burger to give it a try. It didn’t cost me anything, as I was only there for 2 days, and there was a discount for the new members. It tasted rather weird, unlike anything I ate before. I was used to eating burgers, but this one just tasted strange. But I managed to finish the burger, and I take a look around the floor. There were some replicas from fast food franchises. I was rejoiced to see a McDonalds replica, and a stand. There was also a Microwave Room, where I can cook food I bring along.

Also, a DROD RPG special short...

We were all waiting for the DROD RPG game to come out. The room was full of people waiting for the new game to come out. Everyone cheered when Mike and Schik came in the room. Mike then announced that the game was close to release. Everyone started screaming so loud I had to put my hands on my hears.

‘However…’ started Mike.

This word caused everyone to quiet down in barely a second.

‘We have one more bug to fix, involving a rogue NPC.’

People let out claims of disappointment. The game seemed to take forever to come out!

‘Have faith, my friends. The game WILL be released today, this evening at least.’

Mike then left the room, and people started multiple discussion and rants on the rogue NPC deal and the soon-to-come release. Meanwhile, zex was in a corner, taking clear notice of the member count with the close to come release.

After a few hours of waiting, someone made notice of the broken site. One found the download link for RPG, and everyone ran to their rooms, in an attempt to get the game ASAP. I gave it a shot, and it worked! I was so excited to play the game! I installed it, and I eagerly double-clicked the icon…

And we all know what’s next. :P

Comment!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-19-2008 at 04:54 PM
AlternativePuzzles
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 30
Excellent story your have there! Have some rankeys for your hard work!

Test out my hold currently in
architecture:
[url=http://forum.caravelgames.com/
viewtopic.php?TopicID=26578]Spike
Pit
09-19-2008 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
After a while of work, I managed to get the conclusion to day 2.

---
I return to my room, and continue work on my hold. It was 3 o’ clock when I stopped. I walked down to visit the building some more. B-52 was the relaxation floor. There were spas, lounge rooms, and a few more rooms I didn’t get to see because the doors were closed…

I walk up to the lounge, and see a few people already there. I decide to go take a seat to discuss a little bit. Two people were engaged in a serious discussion at the moment: a person whose username was Abbyzzmal and one other called agaricus5, while someone was on their own, looking around. Even though I was tempted to go talk to this person, I decided to go chat along with agaricus5 and Abbyzzmal, who were two real nice persons. After the chatting session was over, I decided to walk back to my room and prepare for dinner.

I head to the floor B-50 and head to the Roasted Roach Grill room to take another roach burger. I was used to their taste, so it wasn’t so hard to eat it this time. Even though my stomach protested, I was able to finish my burger. I then decided to order a seep, just to taste it. It was that small little white critter with the red eerie eyes from the JtRH game. I walked to my place, and took a bite. It tasted a lot better than the roach burger, but it still had that weird feeling to the taste.

-

The night was upon us. The sun was setting down on the day of May 16th. Wind came through the windows, pushing the curtains aside. The fresh breeze penetrated the room, which had a little bit too much heat from today’s heat wave. The sky was colored in a strangely marvelous shade of orange and red, tinted with a darker purple far away from the setting sun. The colored lights made a print on the walls of the room, with an orange shade covering the furniture placed in front of the window. It was seven o’ clock, as I gazed outside the window, looking at the last shine of the sun. The floor B-52 was closed at that time, and I was stuck to staying in my room. Luckily, this wasn’t the place with anything of the curfew type, so I could get up at nighttime. However, when I went out for a walk, no one was in the hallways. I didn't bother going in the B floors, though. I decided to take a small piece of paper and sketch things. One of the things that I drew was a strange UFO-like beast which could move at twice the normal speed, and had to be trapped to be killed. Another was a new type of tarstuff, which had a mouth. I scrapped the thing and put it in my desk drawer, which was empty at the current moment.

Now deciding that it was time for a nap, I went in the bathroom to take a shower. After that, in my rather confy pajamas, I get ready for bedtime. I take the small Caravel Building magazine and read it through. I then put it away and open the small lamp light.

---
END OF DAY 2

What do you think?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-10-2008 at 12:14 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Inside The Caravel Building
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com