Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Lighting options. (Because I want to abuse lighting more than scripting currently allows.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
IP: Logged
icon Lighting options. (0)  
As I was building my hold, I came across a little annoyance. Lights only default to "on" when you place them, as far as I know. So in my hold, I need to set a character to turn 16 lights off, rather than turning 2 on. This would shorten a lot of scripts I have considerably.

Is it possible to add the option of placing a light that is "off" by default?

On that note, would it be possible to implement a script to change the intensity? For instance, Set light = 0, would be off, set light = 8 would be highest intensity, and everything in between.

This isn't a big deal, I guess it's just for people like me who are obsessed with the ambiance.

Edit: And I was also wondering why lights have no affect on ceiling darkness. That doesn't make sense to me for some reason.

[Last edited by cheese obsessive at 12-13-2007 02:21 AM]
12-13-2007 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Re: Lighting options. (0)  
I think it would be better to make "Activate Item" be able to use relative coordinates. Then you could copy/paste a single character over every light you wanted to start as off.
Or we could add another intensity level for off.
Or both.

12-13-2007 at 12:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Lighting options. (Because I want to abuse lighting more than scripting currently allows.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com