Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What's the max? (Of rank points?)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon What's the max? (0)  
What is the maximum amount of rank points? I figure it is 3000. Or, it is an infinite amount and no one has reaches 3000 yet.

So far, Oneiromancer has the highest amount of rank points: 2689 (A hefty amount if you ask me) His rank points will grow much after that, and I won't update this.

I would like to ask if this could be implemented, if not already done so, of 3000 RP is the maximum points.

11-26-2007 at 06:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: What's the max? (+1)  
I would like to ask, if it has not been already implemented, that the maximum number of rank points be 65535.

11-26-2007 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: What's the max? (0)  
I'd suspect that the maximum amount of rankpoints is for all practical considerations limitless.
11-26-2007 at 06:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
I'd like to ask that the minimum amount of rankpoints be -13.5. Thee .5 is so that whosoever shall reach this number shall ever after retain this unique postfix, regardless of future recoveries of rank.

11-26-2007 at 07:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Erik technically has more than me, as when he lost all of his rank points in that freak accident with the server while riding his bicycle, he was at over 1000 points. But he decided to start over again from 0 instead of wherever he was exactly.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-26-2007 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
If nobody would have hit that limit already, I would have suggested 1337, but since that's the case I suggest 31337.

Or 65535, of course.

-Insane
11-26-2007 at 12:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Beef Row wrote:
I'd like to ask that the minimum amount of rankpoints be -13.5. Thee .5 is so that whosoever shall reach this number shall ever after retain this unique postfix, regardless of future recoveries of rank.
Snacko, is that you? And what did you do to Beef Row? :lol

11-26-2007 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Maurog wrote:
I would like to ask, if it has not been already implemented, that the maximum number of rank points be 65535.

I guess that's correct. I don't think they used a 32-bit Double Word for rank points and I also think that no one will ever reach 65535 rank points in a lifetime.
11-26-2007 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
I guess that's correct. I don't think they used a 32-bit Double Word for rank points and I also think that no one will ever reach 65535 rank points in a lifetime.

Just make sure that you win every official contest for 55 years, and you're there! :P

11-26-2007 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Well, Oneiromancer, you still have the highest visible standing at this second. However, I do believe that Erik has a while more than you. And so Erik is now in first place with the most rank points.

SCORE
------
1st Place: Erik Hermansan:----At least 2775 RP
2nd Place: Neil Federick:----Currently 2692 RP
3rd Place: Unknown Human:----Currently ???? RP

Based on the scores, I still think that maximum would be 3000. These high score people are Rank Point freaks that happen to be really good at gaining them. So far, these rank points may show that 4000 RP should be the max, as these people don't have far to go until they hit 3000.

Click here to view the secret text

11-26-2007 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Why do we want a maximum?
11-26-2007 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
If someone can learn the maximum value that a PHP variable can hold, then you'll know what the maximum rank point value is. A fair guess would be 2,147,483,648 (2^31) but it is possible that PHP's loose typing value container allows 64-bit values. Or even values that are only constrained by the amount of memory available to store them.

Oh, but we also have to store the rank point value in the database. So that restricts things much more tightly. I would have to go look up the field type, but it is probably a long. So you could have about 2 million rank points if you're popular enough.

-Erik

11-26-2007 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Mr. Slice wrote:
Based on the scores, I still think that maximum would be 3000.
Rank points aren't distributed from a pool hence we won't run out of them ever and therefore there's no maximum individual limit...
11-26-2007 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
I find it would be cool if you had the max amount of rank points. Wouldn't you?

Never learned PHP.

11-26-2007 at 07:42 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Possibly, but I think I would find it more cool if I had more than the maximum number of rank points.

Josh

11-26-2007 at 07:45 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: What's the max? (+2)  
I have just now set the maximum amount to 1700 rank points.

-Erik

11-26-2007 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
ErikH2000 wrote:
I have just now set the maximum amount to 1700 rank points.

-Erik
That's viciously evil.

I like it :)

11-26-2007 at 07:59 PM
Mr. Slice
4000 would be the maximum. However, you must master KDD, JTRH, TCB, and SS, to get higher. But there will be a true maximum. 65,535 RP will be the ultamite maximum.

EDIT: Wow, 2 posts since I last looked? That means that this is a fast topic! Meaning that people post right away!

[Last edited by Mr. Slice at 11-26-2007 08:03 PM : Fast Topic]
11-26-2007 at 08:01 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842

File: over1700.JPG (26.3 KB)
Downloaded 391 times.
License: Other
Mr. Slice wrote:
I'll bet http://dictionary.reference.com knows.
EDIT: Wow, 2 posts since I last looked? That means that this is a fast topic! Meaning that people post right away!
Blessed is he who can find wonder in the most ordinary of things. :eyes

[Last edited by Jatopian at 11-26-2007 11:03 PM]
11-26-2007 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: What's the max? (-3)  
Jatopian noted that my rank points are currently violating the new maximum. Would someone please mod me down to bring my rank points into compliance?

-Erik

11-26-2007 at 11:00 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
That has been done. Congratulations, you are now compliant. :)

11-26-2007 at 11:11 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
It's gonna take a lot of work bringing Oneiromancer, Schik, eytanz, trick, Mattcrampy, Doom, mrimer, Stefan, and Briareos into obedience then.
11-26-2007 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Yep. It quite is. 2692 - 992 = 1700. Does anyone have 2500 moderation points?

"5 weeks? No, it will take much longer than that." Says the Negotator in Level 2 of JTRH.

And I say:
"2500 moderation points? No, it will take wayy much more than that."

Anyone have an estimate of how many MP it would actually take? Oh! I just thought of something!

CONTEST:

General-

Find someone with at least 3000 moderation points and see if they will do this for you! I know of one person that would do that.

Rules-

You can't find a moderator. They already have an infinite amount of moderation points. But that will be a wrongly conducted answer.

Prizes-

You will get one (1) rank point.

That, was a weird thing. I'm not sure why I came up of a contest with that, aside from the fact that I wanted to make it look good.

Can you win this contest?

11-27-2007 at 12:30 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
ErikH2000 wrote:
Jatopian noted that my rank points are currently violating the new maximum. Would someone please mod me down to bring my rank points into compliance?

-Erik

So, does this mean that from now on, every time you get modded up you want someone to mod your post here down? :P

Better yet, keep your current 1700 rank points safe in its container and use a new container for any more you gain. Then whenever you gain more, take the server (but not your old rank point container) on a bike ride along railroad tracks and re-create the 2004 accident. :P

Or even better...

Okay, I'll zip it now. :shutup

-Noah

My stuff:

[Last edited by NoahT at 02-06-2015 09:46 PM]
11-27-2007 at 12:59 AM
ErikH2000
coppro wrote:
It's gonna take a lot of work bringing Oneiromancer, Schik, eytanz, trick, Mattcrampy, Doom, mrimer, Stefan, and Briareos into obedience then.
I hope we can work something out soon to remove their surplus rank points. I think we're all pretty tired of them flaunting their wealth.

-Erik

11-27-2007 at 01:43 AM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
1701?
11-27-2007 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
bomber50 wrote:
1701?
There he goes again, breaking his own rule. Fixed.

11-27-2007 at 02:06 AM
ErikH2000
schep wrote:
There he goes again, breaking his own rule. Fixed.
Phew! Thanks, man.

-Erik

11-27-2007 at 02:15 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: What's the max? (-1)  
I just spoke to Schik and got my minimum and maximum ran point count set to 2244, which is an amusing number. Now no-one has to worry about rank points ever again.

Until it stops amusing me and I get him to set it to 'Apple'.

11-27-2007 at 03:42 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
heh. heh heh.
11-27-2007 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What's the max? (Of rank points?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com