Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Caravel scoring KDD 2.0 (Shared PC)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Caravel scoring KDD 2.0 (0)  
I'm sure I should know the answer to this already but it slips my mind.

My other half is currently playing JtRH with her own Caravel and score uploads are working fine. When playing KDD 2.0 however, her scores don't seem to register (yet her progress is saved).

Does this mean we need to purchase a second copy of KDD 2.0 linked to her Caravel? If so, is this true for other SMS holds?
11-15-2007 at 03:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Caravel scoring KDD 2.0 (0)  
It... shouldn't, as far as I can tell.
11-15-2007 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Yeah, that's what I thought. It hasn't been an issue before.

At first I thought it might be linked to the spider being offline, but demos are usually ACK'd regardless of the spider's status.

Also, whilst I'm here (before I fall asleep), is importing JtRH into TCB ok from caravel's point of view? At the moment we keep having to switch between the two versions...
11-15-2007 at 11:43 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
Also, whilst I'm here (before I fall asleep), is importing JtRH into TCB ok from caravel's point of view? At the moment we keep having to switch between the two versions...
I somewhere in the back of my mind remember that JtRH would need fixes for use with the TCB engine. Not to mention that JtRH isn't currently available as a hold file, unless you somehow extract it yourself...

But yeah, it would be nice to be able to have all official holds in one nice package, instead of two...

11-16-2007 at 08:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
I suspect the issue is that the JtRH hold and JtRH general data aren't as cleanly separated as they ought to be in the database. At least, there were some surprises of that sort when I was trying to extract the JtRH music to add to TCB, and saw all sorts of sound clips from JtRH when listing non-hold data. So just exporting the hold may be significantly harder than building a version of DROD that doesn't disable exporting it. I might be able to do it, but it would be time-consuming, and I have other higher priorities (both DROD-related and otherwise) for now.

11-16-2007 at 02:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Ok I won't attempt it then :)

As for the non-scoring of KDD 2.0 - any ideas?
11-16-2007 at 02:18 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Caravel scoring KDD 2.0 (+1)  
Ownership of official holds is determined per-user. When you order a full game or a SmS, that activation link you get in the email is what associates it with your account. So yes, you can only get highscores for official holds that are associated with your account.

11-16-2007 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Schik wrote:
Ownership of official holds is determined per-user. When you order a full game or a SmS, that activation link you get in the email is what associates it with your account. So yes, you can only get highscores for official holds that are associated with your account.
Thanks for the response. I'll purchase the official holds as she encounters them then. I presume I won't need to re-download them but to just get them activated on her account so she can upload scores?
11-16-2007 at 03:10 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
Thanks for the response. I'll purchase the official holds as she encounters them then. I presume I won't need to re-download them but to just get them activated on her account so she can upload scores?
It needs to be known server-side (since that's where the highscores go), so I'd hazard a guess that having an SmS hold listed in the "Purchases" tab of your forum profile should be enough.

np: Thomas Brinkmann - Track 06 (Concept 1 96:VR)

11-16-2007 at 03:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Caravel scoring KDD 2.0 (Shared PC)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com